Thread: document camera scanner

Real Name
    John

document camera scanner

This device must not have been very successful, I see more links to eBay than anything else.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/j...N#key-features

It looked like it would be useful for digitizing film prints.

Real Name
    Dan

Re: document camera scanner

I've only seen these used in teaching. One of these allows you, for example, to draw on a graph and have that projected on a screen. I suspect they are less popular now because you can do similar things directly from a computer; for example, with a Surface, you can draw on graphs in Office applications while projecting onto a screen. The resolution of this thing is quite low by current standards, so I wouldn't use it to digitize prints. I've used both a photo scanner and a camera with a macro lens for that purpose.

Real Name
    John

Re: document camera scanner

Quote Originally Posted by DanK View Post
    I've only seen these used in teaching. One of these allows you, for example, to draw on a graph and have that projected on a screen. I suspect they are less popular now because you can do similar things directly from a computer; for example, with a Surface, you can draw on graphs in Office applications while projecting onto a screen. The resolution of this thing is quite low by current standards, so I wouldn't use it to digitize prints. I've used both a photo scanner and a camera with a macro lens for that purpose.
    Hi Dan,

Yes, as I slowly worked through the specifications I started to see the limitations of the device.