Thread: Webspert

Real Name
    John

Webspert

I was intrigued by his comment about viewers nasty comments but couldn't find any. Most viewers seemed to like his posts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSDnQvV9hz0

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Webspert

This video was made in 2012, so is almost 4 years old. I've watched the video and just wasted 8 minutes of my life. He really says nothing of value, there is no structure to what he is saying and quite frankly I have no real comfort level in terms of his knowledge or abilities. Bottom line seems to be "I can't afford Nikon, so I bought these". There is certainly nothing wrong with that, but....

Anyone can post on YouTube and unfortunately while there is some really good stuff available, there is a lot useless stuff and in some cases stuff that is wrong.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDiver View Post
    This video was made in 2012, so is almost 4 years old. I've watched the video and just wasted 8 minutes of my life. He really says nothing of value, there is no structure to what he is saying and quite frankly I have no real comfort level in terms of his knowledge or abilities. Bottom line seems to be "I can't afford Nikon, so I bought these". There is certainly nothing wrong with that, but....

Anyone can post on YouTube and unfortunately while there is some really good stuff available, there is a lot useless stuff and in some cases stuff that is wrong.
    Manfred,

It's easy to spot expert over opinionated webseries, I usually turn off a video if the host wastes time talking to someone off camera, opening their just received new camera box, or prepping their morning smoothie. This guy at least got right into his talk; after intriguing me with the comment about negative responses. So I didn't go into viewing this as a source of valuable information.

Real Name
    Richard

I am not keen on videos produced by yahoos that count the "holy trinity". best five, best ten or the number of things you cannot do without; anymore than I am keen on watching someone's proficiency with a box cutter and tape removal techniques in the "unboxing of ***" YouTube videos...