Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your Nikon opinions please: 18-300 DX or 28-300 FX on a D7100

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Your Nikon opinions please: 18-300 DX or 28-300 FX on a D7100

Quote Originally Posted by djg05478 View Post
    I'm getting better about it, but first thing I do is blame the equipment!
    In my case, I tend to blame the equipment operator. His is well known for doing some really dumb things!

Real Name
    Debbie

Re: Your Nikon opinions please: 18-300 DX or 28-300 FX on a D7100

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Absolutely Debbie,

With ACR in PS, or LR, assuming it isn't an old version, this should be very easy to fix.

In ACR, I have the CA correction checkbox defaulted on (probably also possible in LR).
    Beyond that, there are manual adjustments available too.

There are several good video demos of fixing CA on YouTube, I recommend you watch at least 3, I found each contributed another useful titbit of information, I was watching ACR dedicated ones, so not much point in me giving you those links as LR ones were also available.

Cheers, Dave
    I snuck in one 4 minute tutorial video while at work and I just got home from work and tried it and oh my gosh...that is so brilliant!! I don't need to spend $$, I need to spend more time investigating all the features of Lightroom.

Here is the photo that started my quest for a new lense. Its not a good photo, too many sticks and I couldn't get a clear shot and keep a respectable distance from him/her and its cropped cropped cropped and I still see some blue up in the corner but I'm not going to do anything with this photo, just a poor demo for this post...but it is my first owl photo. Typically all I see is a big brown blur flying away as I come crashing through the forest. You don't sneak up on owls; some will simply tolerate your presence for a moment or two.

Your Nikon opinions please: 18-300 DX or 28-300 FX on a D7100
    Last edited by djg05478; 12th April 2016 at 10:13 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12