Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Aerial photo from film days

Real Name
    Peter Phun

Aerial photo from film days

I was scanning some old slides today. Came across this. Fujichrome 100. Nikon F3 with an 18 mm lens mounted on wing of glider triggered by Quantum radio slave.
    Aerial photo from film days

The original had lots of dust on it when I scanned it. Wish I had kept it in a more dust-free environment. Now I have to painstakingly clone out those pesky spots.

Real Name
    Chris

Re: Aerial photo from film days

Quote Originally Posted by pixel pete View Post
    I was scanning some old slides today. Came across this. Fujichrome 100. Nikon F3 with an 18 mm lens mounted on wing of glider triggered by Quantum radio slave.

The original had lots of dust on it when I scanned it. Wish I had kept it in a more dust-free environment. Now I have to painstakingly clone out those pesky spots.
    It looks a great shot worth working on & at least in digital form you CAN deal with the dust etc. Have you tried 'heal' rather than 'clone', it can be quicker and just as effective in monochrome areas where spots are nasty (like sensor dust)

Chris

Real Name
    Peter Phun

Thanks for that suggestion and commenting Chris on the picture. Yes I could try the healing brush instead of clone stamp tool.

In exasperation, I may wipe the slide with a film cleaner and rescan it. May not be as time consuming.

Real Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by pixel pete View Post

In exasperation, I may wipe the slide with a film cleaner and rescan it. May not be as time consuming.
    Using a cleaner sounds a bit drastic - is slide in glass? If in glass, maybe take it out to scan and very gently wipe with dry cloth. You have probably worked it out already, but when scanning 35mm stuff, its best to set the scanner controls to do as little as possible and do repairs in PP. It looks good sharp stuff and worth using scan resolution 2400, you can always downgrade it later if file size getting excessive.

Look forward to seeing the final

Chris