Thread: Eleutheromania...

Eleutheromania...

...a great desire for or obsession with freedom.

Eleutheromania...
    Last edited by felipessouza; 8th February 2016 at 06:36 PM.

Re: Eleutheromania...

I don't know why is appearing this image above instead of the original.

Real Name
    John

I'm seeing the correct image. Nicely captured.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by felipessouza View Post
    I don't know why is appearing this image above instead of the original.
    Hi Felipe,

I am seeing what I suspect is the correct picture; a girl sitting on a deck/pier wearing a T-shirt with the word "Eleutheromania" printed on it.

If you are seeing something else, that might be a 'temporary' problem with internet proxy server caching and probably affects only people viewing from your part of the world. This is a problem we see occasionally with TinyPic, it eventually corrects itself, but it may take as long as two or three days.

If you want to fix it quicker, I suggest you try to upload the picture again via Edit Post and Go Advanced and repeat the uploading process, including posting the new image link in to the first post in the thread. Or just add it in another post, and I'll 'move' it to the first post.

Apologies for the inconvenience, but it is beyond our control.

I like the picture and the composition - the only thing I find myself wondering about is the hint of distant blurry landscape peeking above the top edge of the rail. If you had shot from a fraction lower, it probably wouldn't have been visible. That said, if it weren't there, the image wouldn't have as much 'depth'. I can't decide, what do others think?

Hope that's helpful, Dave

Thank you guys, i'm seeing the right picture now. Thanks for the feedback. I think you could be right Dave, it is a small detail that can make a big difference.

Real Name
    Sergio

That said, if it weren't there, the image wouldn't have as much 'depth'. I can't decide, what do others think?

Hope that's helpful, Dave
    Dave,

I see where you're coming from. IMO there are other elements (such as the railing her hand is on) that are creating depth. Losing the part you're talking about wouldn't affect it, I think. The little bit of landscape peeping above the rail doesn't bother me, but I know for others it will.

Felipe, nice picture by the way.

Sergio

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Good composition, Felipe...I just don't like the look on her face. It is sad and angry. She has a chip on her shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    Good composition, Felipe...I just don't like the look on her face. It is sad and angry. She has a chip on her shoulders.
    Thank you for the feedback Izzie. I don't got the "chip on her shoulders" meaning. What does it means? Maybe the sad/angry face is because she not achieved the fully "eleutheromania" state, maybe...

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Another nice shot. I do like the impression on her face because it combined with her body language (the way she in sitting and has positioned her arms and legs) definitely suggests she is not entirely happy about something. That is definitely intriguing.

In addition to Dave's point, I find that the left hand side of picture seems a bit crowded, but I'm not sure if you should do something about it, as it just adds to the tension the woman is giving off.

Real Name
    Izzie

Thank you for the feedback Izzie. I don't got the "chip on her shoulders" meaning. What does it means? Maybe the sad/angry face is because she not achieved the fully "eleutheromania" state, maybe...
    "Chip on her shoulders" means she has some problems she has not yet been able to resolve that makes her angry, at herself, at the whole world, people who caused it to happen in her past. At least that is what I understand by that. In some people, it takes another experience, good or bad, to wake them out of that situation.

Real Name
    Simon

Great shot, well done in not ideal portrait conditions. Is it all natural light, or did you fill her face?

I don't have an issue with the horizon but it should be easy to clone out and see what you think.

Real Name
    Dave

Wonderful image, well done.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by ionian View Post
    Great shot, well done in not ideal portrait conditions. Is it all natural light, or did you fill her face?

I don't have an issue with the horizon but it should be easy to clone out and see what you think.
    It is all natural and harsh light. Her right arm make some shadow in her face. The photo was edited in LR. I'll try to clone the horizon line in PS, then i upload the result in here. Thanks.

Made the change suggested. So, which one do you guys prefer? To be honest, i do prefer the original one.
    PS: I know the change isn't perfect, take in consideration that it was made with the touchpad of a notebook.

Eleutheromania...

Real Name
    Simon

For me, it's such a minor detail that it doesn't matter either way. I don't find it distracting, but I don't think the picture loses anything by cloning it out. It's a great photo whatever you decide.

Real Name
    Binnur

Great image, cloned version looks better

Real Name
    Izzie

The edit looks cleaner....