Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Nikon D500; here we go again...

Real Name
    Dan

Nikon D500; here we go again...

Release of the long awaited D500 will be delayed to the end of April rather than the planned ship date of mid-March. Unbelievable....

Real Name
    John

Re: Nikon D500; here we go again...

That's why I don't pre-order, I would just wait until I see it in stock.

Real Name
    Larry Saideman

Believable although frustrating. They say they need more inventory to meet initial demand. Who knows? I also heard this might not effect the US supply, only Japan. Patience is a good thing.

Real Name
    Robin

Exactly the same with Fuji and their X-Pro2. Delayed due to stock demand.
    Last edited by Black Pearl; 7th February 2016 at 10:35 AM.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Filling the pipeline during a product launch is always really wild. In some of the businesses I worked in, launch volumes could exceed 50% of the projected annual sales of the product. Given the specialized equipment, raw materials and resources (people) increasing capacity is really difficult. Of course, the engineering group is still fiddling with design issues (taking things from the prototype stage to production is not trivial and design tweaks to make the camera in a mass production environment is not straight forward). Been there, done that. I feel for these folks.

Honestly, if the sales (to stores) come in significantly over plan, the best move is to move the launch date back and this seems to be exactly what has happened. There could also be another issue (think the D600 shutter issue), some supplier could have screwed up and the parts are either not good enough or can't be supplied fast enough (that's what happened with the D800 launch and the sensors).

You'll get the camera when it is available, and unfortunately, not one day sooner...