Thread: Dazzle comoflage?

Dazzle camoflage?

I recently lent one of my computers to my daughter, and to be fair she asked if she could change the desktop background to something she liked and I agreed.
    She used one of the images that I have for my screen saver as one of a rolling series.

When I went to use the machine I found the following display, which, by the way is of the sun shade on Auckland Savings Bank's head office building - I liked the pattern, but really how do you find your icons on this? I asked, and she confirmed that it IS the background she used:
    go figure...

Dazzle comoflage?
    Last edited by Tronhard; 4th February 2016 at 07:22 PM.

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

Re: Dazzle camoflage?

If you have a desktop folder called Wally I can't find it. Good advert for Norton.

Real Name
    Brian Grant

Instead of filling the screen I have used images with a clean black or white border to allow icons to be presented clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Saorsa View Post
    Instead of filling the screen I have used images with a clean black or white border to allow icons to be presented clearly.

Hi Brian:

I am glad she liked the image and impressed she could use the screen at all!
    Personally I am very careful about what I choose as a desktop: if my image fills the screen, as I like it to, then I choose very clean, plain area for icons to show up clearly, something like this:

Dazzle comoflage?

or this even ...

Dazzle comoflage?

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

I have much the same approach. I think photographers should have their own photographs on the desktop screen but it has to work.

The one below has been on for over 6 months so it is probably time for a change. Would be interesting to see what others have as screen backgrounds.

Dazzle comoflage?

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Trev -- I thought you were showing us some double sided blades arranged that way...ha! Different story.

Mine is always the image I took...and it has to have a dark spot to put my stuffs I need to remember...

Dazzle comoflage?

Cheers...