Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Finally made a website!

  1. #1
    robertmpoole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Bolton, UK
    Posts
    53
    Real Name
    Robert Poole

    Finally made a website!

    Ever since I started digital photography I've been meaning to get around to making a website. I tried Instagram and Flickr but recently they've felt like people only like your pictures and follow you to get followed back. I've been posting on forums for a while so I thought I'd put this all in one place.

    At the moment it's a mix of my experiences with film photography, discussion of my favourite photos both mine and of others and photo essays.

    I'd love it if you could check it out and let me know what you think.

    Rob

    Www.robertpoolephotography.com
    .
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 20th January 2016 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Make url more obvious

  2. #2
    Shadowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    31,865
    Real Name
    John

    Re: Finally made a website!

    Looks good, was the archives a work in progress? Didn't find anything in the 2014 link.

  3. #3
    robertmpoole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Bolton, UK
    Posts
    53
    Real Name
    Robert Poole

    Re: Finally made a website!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Looks good, was the archives a work in progress? Didn't find anything in the 2014 link.
    I signed up for the site in 2014 but never got going so the site links to one post I made back then.

  4. #4
    Shadowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    31,865
    Real Name
    John

    Re: Finally made a website!

    Quote Originally Posted by robertmpoole View Post
    I signed up for the site in 2014 but never got going so the site links to one post I made back then.
    Sounds like a reason to edit some older images, that's allowed isn't it; to add to an older link?

  5. #5
    robertmpoole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Bolton, UK
    Posts
    53
    Real Name
    Robert Poole

    Re: Finally made a website!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Sounds like a reason to edit some older images, that's allowed isn't it; to add to an older link?
    I'm not sure. I'll have to look into it to see if I can backdate some pictures in.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Porto & Bucks, UK
    Posts
    326
    Real Name
    Adam

    Re: Finally made a website!

    Exif editor might be your friend

    You know I like the site, hence lack of comments on here!

  7. #7
    IzzieK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    17,827
    Real Name
    Izzie

    Re: Finally made a website!

    I am just glad that Robert adds Adam's recent post of street photography in your blog...that was quite a surprise and a very good assessment of what he thinks of his shot.

    Anyway, I like your blog too...though I still have to read through them. I like the format, very neat...but are you allowed to make a menu at the right side like Adam's blog? I am so sorry having to compare your blog to Adam's but I think it is much neater than having to scroll down just to see what your other articles are...and I must admit, I seldom follow anyone's blogs at all but Donald's and now Adam's. I guess I am getting too overwhelmed (read this as 'too old') with many buttons to push to continue reading if you know what I mean...I like simple and easy to read. Please do not be offended. You asked for a review.

  8. #8
    robertmpoole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Bolton, UK
    Posts
    53
    Real Name
    Robert Poole

    Re: Finally made a website!

    Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    I am just glad that Robert adds Adam's recent post of street photography in your blog...that was quite a surprise and a very good assessment of what he thinks of his shot.

    Anyway, I like your blog too...though I still have to read through them. I like the format, very neat...but are you allowed to make a menu at the right side like Adam's blog? I am so sorry having to compare your blog to Adam's but I think it is much neater than having to scroll down just to see what your other articles are...and I must admit, I seldom follow anyone's blogs at all but Donald's and now Adam's. I guess I am getting too overwhelmed (read this as 'too old') with many buttons to push to continue reading if you know what I mean...I like simple and easy to read. Please do not be offended. You asked for a review.
    Thanks for looking Izzie and for the feedback. Adam is doing some great work and I think he deserves a wider audience!

    I'm not sure the theme I am using will allow a menu as you suggest but I'll look deeper into the settings and see.

    I'm updating it regularly at the moment so keep checking back!

    R

  9. #9
    IzzieK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    17,827
    Real Name
    Izzie

    Re: Finally made a website!

    OK...Very interested in your blog here...in fact, I gave myself one and half hour this morning to rest in between so I can read yours and Adam's blog...finished reading yours but I still have to finish Adam's. Are your Greek? Just curious...I also read Inspired. And your wife though she is very pretty, I like the pose but not the pp there. Sorry. There was a member here who has been married for 35 (or is it 38?) years and he just can't stop looking at his wife. He thinks she's the loveliest person on earth! I have heard many who had said that, including my eldest son, but it is the way he said it that was very touching...Anyway, I forgot to subscribe...and though I am not into social media at all, I think I will have to subscribe to Twitter so I can start commenting on blogs like yours. I had not check if Adam has Twitter. I hope he does so I can comment personally on his site too. I'll get to his blog too soon as I make allowances for time since I still have the link to his.

    Thank you for the wonderful read. Keep it going...you are doing very well there...now if I can find a mouse for my iPad, it will be easier to navigate while watching tv in between adverts...

    Quote Originally Posted by robertmpoole View Post
    Thanks for looking Izzie and for the feedback. Adam is doing some great work and I think he deserves a wider audience!

    I'm not sure the theme I am using will allow a menu as you suggest but I'll look deeper into the settings and see.

    I'm updating it regularly at the moment so keep checking back!

    R

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Porto & Bucks, UK
    Posts
    326
    Real Name
    Adam

    Re: Finally made a website!

    Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    OK...Very interested in your blog here...in fact, I gave myself one and half hour this morning to rest in between so I can read yours and Adam's blog...finished reading yours but I still have to finish Adam's. Are your Greek? Just curious...I also read Inspired. And your wife though she is very pretty, I like the pose but not the pp there. Sorry. There was a member here who has been married for 35 (or is it 38?) years and he just can't stop looking at his wife. He thinks she's the loveliest person on earth! I have heard many who had said that, including my eldest son, but it is the way he said it that was very touching...Anyway, I forgot to subscribe...and though I am not into social media at all, I think I will have to subscribe to Twitter so I can start commenting on blogs like yours. I had not check if Adam has Twitter. I hope he does so I can comment personally on his site too. I'll get to his blog too soon as I make allowances for time since I still have the link to his.

    Thank you for the wonderful read. Keep it going...you are doing very well there...now if I can find a mouse for my iPad, it will be easier to navigate while watching tv in between adverts...
    I have twitter, but I don't really use it, and certainly not for anything photographical (maybe I should?)

    It's @adzman808 (which is also my Instagram name)

    I haven't figured out how to make the subscribe and news letter thing work on my blog yet!

    Anyone can comment on my blog, but you have to go through a moderation process, which basically means that I get an email, and I have to review the comment first!

    Rob's blog goes from strength to strength IMO, the new look is great, and I love that he writes a lot about each shot he posts (I might have to start biting that mr Poole!)
    Last edited by Adzman808; 25th January 2016 at 10:28 PM.

  11. #11
    IzzieK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    17,827
    Real Name
    Izzie

    Re: Finally made a website!

    Many thanks, Adam...I still have to finish reading your blog. Maybe tomorrow...it is just nice to read about other people's thoughts on the why and wherefore of what they photograph and other stuffs. I am still thinking about Twitter, not for socializing but for commenting. I still have to discover how I can comment on Robert's blog. I run out of time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adzman808 View Post
    I have twitter, but I don't really use it, and certainly not for anything photographical (maybe I should?)

    It's @adzman808 (which is also my Instagram name)

    I haven't figured out how to make the subscribe and news letter thing work on my blog yet!

    Anyone can comment on my blog, but you have to go through a moderation process, which basically I means that I get an email, and I have to review the comment first!

    Rob's blog goes from strength to strength IMO, the new look is great, and I love that he writes a lot about each shot he posts (I might have to start biting that mr Poole!)

  12. #12
    robertmpoole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Bolton, UK
    Posts
    53
    Real Name
    Robert Poole

    Re: Finally made a website!

    Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    Many thanks, Adam...I still have to finish reading your blog. Maybe tomorrow...it is just nice to read about other people's thoughts on the why and wherefore of what they photograph and other stuffs. I am still thinking about Twitter, not for socializing but for commenting. I still have to discover how I can comment on Robert's blog. I run out of time.
    Thanks for spending so long on my blog! I'm glad you enjoyed it. You don't need twitter to post a comment, you should be able to by just submitting your email address as far as I know.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Porto & Bucks, UK
    Posts
    326
    Real Name
    Adam

    Re: Finally made a website!

    Quote Originally Posted by robertmpoole View Post
    Thanks for spending so long on my blog! I'm glad you enjoyed it. You don't need twitter to post a comment, you should be able to by just submitting your email address as far as I know.
    That's how mine works!

    The email is too stop spam and the moderation is to stop bellends

  14. #14
    IzzieK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    17,827
    Real Name
    Izzie

    Re: Finally made a website!

    Oh...OK...I do not respond much to Flickr comments and I do not know how to respond to blog ones...though sometimes I really wanted to. Now that I know I do not have to join Twit-twit, it is OK then. Thank you both. I have recommended your blog and Adam to some of my tog friends in my contact list.

  15. #15
    robertmpoole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Bolton, UK
    Posts
    53
    Real Name
    Robert Poole

    Re: Finally made a website!

    Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    OK...Very interested in your blog here...in fact, I gave myself one and half hour this morning to rest in between so I can read yours and Adam's blog...finished reading yours but I still have to finish Adam's. Are your Greek? Just curious...I also read Inspired. And your wife though she is very pretty, I like the pose but not the pp there. Sorry. There was a member here who has been married for 35 (or is it 38?) years and he just can't stop looking at his wife. He thinks she's the loveliest person on earth! I have heard many who had said that, including my eldest son, but it is the way he said it that was very touching...Anyway, I forgot to subscribe...and though I am not into social media at all, I think I will have to subscribe to Twitter so I can start commenting on blogs like yours. I had not check if Adam has Twitter. I hope he does so I can comment personally on his site too. I'll get to his blog too soon as I make allowances for time since I still have the link to his.

    Thank you for the wonderful read. Keep it going...you are doing very well there...now if I can find a mouse for my iPad, it will be easier to navigate while watching tv in between adverts...
    Just noticed your question, I'm not Greek just like to spend a lot of time there and my parents lived in Crete for a while.
    Thanks again for taking so long to read my blog.

    R

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •