Page 71 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 2660

Thread: New member posts: April 2014 to June 2020

Real Name
    Kauê de Moraes Vestena

Re: NEW MEMBER? please introduce yourself here

My name is Kauê de Moraes Vestena, i'm a brazilian student of Engineering of Cartography and Surveying in the Federal University of Paraná. I'm making some research in the area of photogrammetry, and the need of photographic knowledgements brought me here. For some months, i have been a huge fan of the wonderful content of the site and i came here to start in this superb community. Sorry for my beginner engish, and thanks a lot!

Hey all
    my name's Danielle and I'm from Sydney, Australia
    I'm just a student studying photography at the moment. How's everyone?

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by kauevestena View Post
    My name is Kauê de Moraes Vestena, i'm a brazilian student of Engineering of Cartography and Surveying in the Federal University of Paraná. .... Sorry for my beginner engish, and thanks a lot!
    Please do not apologise for your very competent command of written English. Your knowledge of English is much greater than my knowledge of Portugese.

It is a please to welcome you to the forum. I hope you both enjoy being involved and find it helpful.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by DanielleClarson View Post
    Hey all
    my name's Danielle and I'm from Sydney, Australia
    I'm just a student studying photography at the moment. How's everyone?
    Hello Danielle. Where are you studying? How far into your course are you?

Great to have you here and I hope that being part of the forum helps your studies.

By the way - If you wish you can go to Edit Profile and put in your location, so that it appears in the sidebar alongside your message, just like mine beside this message. Then everybody knows where everybody else is.

Real Name
    Ian

Request for help.

I keep clicking on New Member Please Introduce yourslf here, at the top of this screen. Nothing happens. Am I just being daft or is it not working?

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Ian McCann View Post
    Request for help.

I keep clicking on New Member Please Introduce yourself here, at the top of this screen. Nothing happens. Am I just being daft or is it not working?
    Ian - You've done exactly what is required in order to post a message in here: You have pressed the reply button to the previous post. Whenever you want to contribute to a thread that's up already up and running (like this one), just press 'Reply' at the end of the previous post (or 'Reply with Quote' if you want to include the text from the previous post).

To start a new thread, what you do is go to the section of the forum into which you wish to post your message; e.g. 'Digital Cameras & Equipment', and hit the big tab near the top left of the page that says something like 'Post new message'.

Anyway, you've made it. So welcome. Great to have you here. I hope you enjoy being part of CiC.

Real Name
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Ian - You've done exactly what is required in order to post a message in here: You have pressed the reply button to the previous post. Whenever you want to contribute to a thread that's up already up and running (like this one), just press 'Reply' at the end of the previous post (or 'Reply with Quote' if you want to include the text from the previous post).

To start a new thread, what you do is go to the section of the forum into which you wish to post your message; e.g. 'Digital Cameras & Equipment', and hit the big tab near the top left of the page that says something like 'Post new message'.

Anyway, you've made it. So welcome. Great to have you here. I hope you enjoy being part of CiC.

Real Name
    Ian

Thanks for the welcome, I was confused by the seemingly active text, INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE at the top of the screen Never mind I am in now.

So to intro myself. I am Ian, a pro photographer who after a good training in advetising photography and making a living in this field, in London, but later, in the north of the country, as a commercial photographer and studio owner, I transitioned to TV and film work. I have worked all around the world and a couple of commercials I shot won RTS awards and a channel 4 Best Short Film award.

Anyway, I am continuing to shoot TV and film projects but am now restarting my photo career after 20 odd years away. I just bought a Canon 5Ds and will be upgrading my L series lenses to more modern versions or carl Zeiss, can't decide. I need to buy newer studio lighting kit to supliment my 5 3 decades old Elinchrom units, which have been very reliable but are a bit limited by comparison with today's alternatives. I also need to develop my digital skillset, I was working on large format and Hasselblad film cameras. In recent yeasr I have been shooting on a 5D mk 1 and so I have some digital knowledge but I have not been trying to keep up with this rapidly evolving tech and workflow methods, so am compitent but not at all expert in digital photography.

Enough for now, I think.

I look forward to contributing and to learning.

Ian

Here is a test shot done this spring when assessing a Haselbald 50 megapixel camera.
    New member posts: April 2014 to June 2020
    Last edited by Ian McCann; 29th October 2015 at 12:48 AM.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Thank you Ian. It's a pleasure to have you on board. I'm shooting with a 5DS and thoroughly enjoying it.

I hope that as well as learning (for we all continue to learn) that you will share your knowledge and experience so that others can learn from you.

And that's a beautiful introductory image.

Real Name
    Ian

Re: NEW MEMBER? Please Introduce Yourself Here

Donald,

Hi and of course I will contribute when I feel I have something of value to offer, as I indicated in my intro.

Thanks for the kind comment about my Saltburn pier photo. It is one of a series I made whilst assessing the 50 mega pixel Hasselblad and Phase One cameras this spring. I only had each camera for a couple of days and I was busy working in my office most of the time so only in the evenings did I get chance to play. The weather was gastly when I shot the pier photo, 56 mph winds, very very cold and raining on and off, so I had the pier to myself, which is very rare and very helpful, but I did not have much scope to try all sorts of differents shoots. I like the cameras but just felt initially I should consentrate on updating and improving my dslr system which will be more affordable and allow me to work for more afforable day rates then in the future I can compare MF offerings with the newy high res DSLR before deciding if it is worth the huge price premium, a decision for another day.

I like the work you have posted, by the way. keep up the good work.

Ian

Real Name
    Andrew Shattell

Hi all,

i'm Andy from South Australia, i'm new to photography but i am really enjoying it. love birds so most of my outings are finding birds. Luckily we also like camping so I get birds and scenery as well. looking forward to learning and viewing others pics.
    Cheers for now Andy

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by shatts View Post
    i'm new to photography but i am really enjoying it.
    And that, for us amateurs Andy, is what it should all be about.

Great to have you here and I hope you find the forum enjoyable as well as helpful. There is no such thing as a dumb question on here, so pleased ask whatever questions you might have.

By the way, if you prefer being addressed as Andy, rather than Andrew, you could change your 'real name' in your profile so that is what will appear at the left alongside your posts.

Real Name
    Kauê de Moraes Vestena

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Please do not apologise for your very competent command of written English. Your knowledge of English is much greater than my knowledge of Portugese.

It is a please to welcome you to the forum. I hope you both enjoy being involved and find it helpful.
    Thank you a lot!

Hi I am Jose Senna, living in Rio de Janeiro - Brazil. Photography is one of my hobby beside growing Orchids. I love nature, landscape and macro photography. I have a Canon 5D Mark III and a 7D Mark II. I am happy to have joint CIC and for sure I will learn a lot with all of ypu.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Senna View Post
    Hi I am Jose Senna, living in Rio de Janeiro - Brazil.
    Jose - It is a pleasure to welcome you to the CiC forum. I hope you do enjoy being involved and that it does help you to learn. I am sure your knowledge and experience will also be welcomed by others whop can learn from you.

If you wish, you can go to Edit Profile and put in your location, so that it appears in the sidebar alongside your message, just like mine beside this message. Then everybody knows where everybody else is.

Hellow everyone, I am a chinese, and not very good at english. I always go hiking and take photoes, I really want to take beautiful photoes of stars in night, but it's a little hard to me, the result is not good. I hope I can learn more about that at here.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by seven7 View Post
    Hellow everyone, I am a chinese, and not very good at english. I always go hiking and take photoes, I really want to take beautiful photoes of stars in night, but it's a little hard to me, the result is not good. I hope I can learn more about that at here.
    Hello and welcome to the Cambridge in Colour forum. Your written English is easily understood.

I hope you enjoy being a member of the forum and that being so does help you improve your photography.

If it is possible to do so using characters from the Latin alphabet, you can, if you choose to do sol, enter your 'real name' into your profile so that it appears alongside all your posts to the forum. Go to Edit Profile (under 'Forum Actions' on the Menu Bar), or you can just press on 'Settings' on the menu bar right up at the top right of the window. Once there you can enter the name by which you wish to be addressed under 'Real Name'. You can also enter your location so that it does the same, just as in my details alongside this message. Then we all know where everyone is in the world.

Real Name
    Vikalp Luthra

Hi everyone,

My name is Vikalp Luthra & I am from Mumbai, India.
    I am a Mechanical Design Engineer by profession.
    I recently developed interest in Photography and now it has become my most-time-spending activity.
    I bought a Nikon D3300 DSLR, as I am a beginner in this beautiful world of Photography.

I look forward to enjoy this art and share my work with you all.

Regards,
    Vikalp Luthra.
    P.S: I created a new thread for my introducing my self before entering in this thread. I do not know how I can delete that thread. Any advice would be appreciated.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by vikalp View Post
    My name is Vikalp Luthra & I am from Mumbai, India.

P.S: I created a new thread for my introducing my self before entering in this thread. I do not know how I can delete that thread. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Vikalp - I see that someone has replied to your other thread, so I will leave it. There is no problem with it remaining there.

But, via this thread, may I welcome you to the forum. Thank you for joining.

I hope you find the forum both enjoyable and helpful. I hope you will find that people on here are always willing to help colleagues through offering advice and guidance and by sharing knowledge and experience. So, please do ask any photography-related questions that you may have. And, of course, I hope you will post some images for comment and critique.

Real Name
    Vikalp Luthra

Hello Donald,
    Thank you for your warm welcome.
    I look forward to be active on this forum by sharing my clicks and learning from everyone.