Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey everyone..I'd like to introduce myself..

Real Name
    Brenda

Hey everyone..I'd like to introduce myself..

Hey everyone at Cambridge in Color, my name is Brenda and I’ll be honest, I have been stalking your site (and a couple of other ones..all through tapatalk) for the last couple of weeks trying to find where I might fit in the best for my New Year’s resolution; to join a photography forum. After all of the looking around I was hoping that this site will be the one, I was an avid photographer until about 3 years ago and I let myself fall behind; I really began to hate editing after a 3 month road trip across the United States and taking too many photos of practically nothing, I definitely didn’t find the time to take pictures or be involved with a forum after the fact. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE photography, I love my camera too but I started working on other adventures such as woodworking and refinishing furniture (after moving to my new residence) hoping that I would take all types of before and after photos to prove that my camera still existed, I kept kicking myself in the ass (& only getting results from the furniture); here I am with this awesome set up and a great place to shoot what I love (wildlife/landscape) but I found myself just not motivated enough to take those pictures. I may have liked doing the manual work but there really is no justification on the outcome when it comes to my pictures. My motto was & always will be: “Capturing moments in time, making life stand still.” Furniture was not the still life that I expected, I needed & need more, I want more and now I have all the time in the world to take photos in a pretty & beautiful place (Virginia in case you may be interested) and I feel that there is no better time than now. I hope that you will all accept me and push me to do the best that I can; I’d really love to commit to the 52 week challenge and some work in between there if I can. I really hope that I have made the right decision in joining all of you in your quest and hope that we will all mesh together & that you will all accept me. Cheers to everyone and I hope we can all have a great new year!
    Brenda
    If anyone is interested in checking out some of my past work my website is: http://www.stickinit.com (An incomplete work in progress...really working on an overhaul though so please help, don't hurt.)

Real Name
    John

Re: Hey everyone..I'd like to introduce myself..

Hi Brenda,

Welcome, at least you were able to get your intro uploaded without error.

Real Name
    Brenda

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Hi Brenda,

Haha thanks, I guess at least I'm going for it. I hope to put forth and get back good things from this forum.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by stickinit View Post
    Haha thanks, I guess at least I'm going for it. I hope to put forth and get back good things from this forum.
    A good way to start is to upload some of your images, looking forward to seeing them.

Real Name
    Brenda

A good way to start is to upload some of your images, looking forward to seeing them.
    Well I have barely taken any photos for nearly 3 years and joining a forum is kind of my kicking the ass.. I intend on getting there again and definitely within the next week, I'd like to join in on the 52 challenge. I have other photos that I have taken in the past on my website (& a ton that I've never developed or uploaded) but it's seriously the entire reason why joining a forum is a part of my resolution, I need to get back into gear.

Real Name
    Brenda

Argh I'm so not a fan of doing any of this on my phone..it might be my next resolution!!!

Real Name
    John

Well I have barely taken any photos for nearly 3 years and joining a forum is kind of my kicking the ass.. I intend on getting there again and definitely within the next week, I'd like to join in on the 52 challenge. I have other photos that I have taken in the past on my website (& a ton that I've never developed or uploaded) but it's seriously the entire reason why joining a forum is a part of my resolution, I need to get back into gear.
    Just saw the link to your website, that can serve as a jump off point for future dialogue.

Real Name
    John

Argh I'm so not a fan of doing any of this on my phone..it might be my next resolution!!!
    Nice captures on your website, you have a nice array of subjects that are sure to interest members of this forum.

Real Name
    Brenda

Nice captures on your website, you have a nice array of subjects that are sure to interest members of this forum.
    Thanks shadowman, I hope to add some new photos and learn a lot more since my hiatus. I truly love photography and miss it a lot. I appreciate the warm welcome from you, thanks!

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Brenda,

First off, may I wish you a warm welcome to the CiC forums.

Could you do me a favour please?
    Could you click Settings (right at the top),
    then Edit Profile (on left)
    and put your first name (Brenda) in the Real Name field
    and where you are (Virginia, US) in the Location field,
    then click the Save Changes button below and to right,
    this helps everyone give you more personal and relevant answers in future - thanks in advance.

We'd love you to take part in Project 52 - if you need nagging, I can do that - although having been distracted away from photography myself over the last couple of years, perhaps we should nag each other to start and keep going

You may find this thread helpful:
    HELP THREAD: How can I post images here?
    plus you may find the first post in this thread useful too:
    How to Get Effective Feedback for your Posted Images

Happy New Year, Dave

Real Name
    Brenda

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi Brenda,

First off, may I wish you a warm welcome to the CiC forums.

Could you do me a favour please?
    Could you click Settings (right at the top),
    then Edit Profile (on left)
    and put your first name (Brenda) in the Real Name field
    and where you are (Virginia, US) in the Location field,
    then click the Save Changes button below and to right,
    this helps everyone give you more personal and relevant answers in future - thanks in advance.

We'd love you to take part in Project 52 - if you need nagging, I can do that - although having been distracted away from photography myself over the last couple of years, perhaps we should nag each other to start and keep going

You may find this thread helpful:
    HELP THREAD: How can I post images here?
    plus you may find the first post in this thread useful too:
    How to Get Effective Feedback for your Posted Images

Happy New Year, Dave
    Thanks Dave, I finally made it to my computer to make the changes that you suggested. I added a profile picture as well but it's pretty horrible, I hope I don't scare anyone away!
    I may definitely need a nag or three; it's been so hard to pick back up where I left off when I put my camera down years ago so I may just start with some tabletop photography (I hope that's acceptable) for the 52 week challenge. (Plus it snowed today for the first time this winter where I live and just yuck!) I will be moving on to the links that you have posted and I hope to see us both posting some photos soon! Thanks again, Brenda

Real Name
    mark

Hi Brenda, welcome to CIC. I checked your website. Very nice images you have a good eye.

Real Name
    mark

you might want to start a "project 52" (Informal weekly posting of recent images)to get the motivation going

Real Name
    Brenda

Quote Originally Posted by mknittle View Post
    you might want to start a "project 52" to get the motivation going
    That is absolutely my intention and I am dusting off the old canon today. Thank you!

Real Name
    mark

That is absolutely my intention and I am dusting off the old canon today. Thank you!
    I think I will do the same. I got good start last year then fell off.

Real Name
    Brenda

Quote Originally Posted by mknittle View Post
    I think I will do the same. I got good start last year then fell off.
    Sounds like a great idea, let's do this!!

Real Name
    mark

Hi Brenda,

LOL The Gremlins?

Real Name
    mark

I think you will like it here.

Real Name
    mark

I went to "like this post but the Gremlins stole the like button

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Brenda,

You specifically asked for motivation to push yourself to the best that you can be. It's obvious that one part of that involves urging you to make and display photos, and I support that encouragement already made by others. I'll also go in a less obvious direction and urge you to participate in the forum by reviewing and critiquing images posted by others here. Doing so helps us form the online relationships that perhaps helps motivate us. More specific to improving our photography, doing so also helps us refine our critique of composition, creativity, exposure and the like that can then be put to excellent use when we make and evaluate our own photos.
    Last edited by Mike Buckley; 5th January 2016 at 05:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast