Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Project 52, First quarter by Adam (adzman808)

Real Name
    Adam

Re: 2016 Project 52, First quarter by Adam (adzman808)

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    Yes, this looks good.

My only slight negative thoughts are that the verticals are fractionally slanted and there is a tiny bright reflection above the man's cap which is a bit distracting so I would clone it out.

And, of course, the post heading!
    Thanks Geoff, I fixed two outta three

Real Name
    Adam

Yes, this looks good.

My only slight negative thoughts are that the verticals are fractionally slanted and there is a tiny bright reflection above the man's cap which is a bit distracting so I would clone it out.

And, of course, the post heading!
    Thanks Geoff, I fixed two out of three

Real Name
    Nandakumar

Great images; please continue ....

That looks good now, after those slight tweaks.

Real Name
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Wavelength View Post
    Great images; please continue ....
    Thanks very much, you try and stop me

Real Name
    Adam

That looks good now, after those slight tweaks.
    Thanks again Geoff, my PP 'skills' are fairly rudimentary (well y'know I'm ok with colour, hi/low lights etc) but increasingly I feel happier with cloning and stuff... I don't have PS, and Fuji RAWs are not the most supported format in the industry, (things like edge detect for masking etc just don't work, DXO won't touch Fuji...) so I have to do a lot by hand and eye, and I'm loving the learning curve (tone curves, not so much, but that's one for a another day )

Just a thought about your last comment, Adam.

My 'pocket camera' is a Fuji X20 and I shoot in Raw format where I found the Silkypics Raw editor that came with my camera is quite a decent first stage editing device. Initially I couldn't get my Adobe ACR Raw editor to recognise this camera and ideally I didn't want to 'mess about' by having two different editing systems to worry about.

But I found a workaround by downloading the free Adobe DNG Convertor. This easily changed the Fuji Raf files to Dng which is recognised by more software editors. It does mean one extra stage though.

Now I have the full Adobe CC where that camera is recognised by the more recent ACR.

If you are considering extra software, I would recommend Serif Page Plus (around £80 for the most recent version) or the free Gimp (donations accepted) which has a rather steep learning curve but is a capable bit of kit.

For me, editing with Curves is 'the only way to fly' particularly once you are able (with suitable software) to combine it with masks and layers for some really selective editing.

Real Name
    Adam

Just a thought about your last comment, Adam.

My 'pocket camera' is a Fuji X20 and I shoot in Raw format where I found the Silkypics Raw editor that came with my camera is quite a decent first stage editing device. Initially I couldn't get my Adobe ACR Raw editor to recognise this camera and ideally I didn't want to 'mess about' by having two different editing systems to worry about.

But I found a workaround by downloading the free Adobe DNG Convertor. This easily changed the Fuji Raf files to Dng which is recognised by more software editors. It does mean one extra stage though.

Now I have the full Adobe CC where that camera is recognised by the more recent ACR.

If you are considering extra software, I would recommend Serif Page Plus (around £80 for the most recent version) or the free Gimp (donations accepted) which has a rather steep learning curve but is a capable bit of kit.

For me, editing with Curves is 'the only way to fly' particularly once you are able (with suitable software) to combine it with masks and layers for some really selective editing.
    Thanks Geoff,

I'm into capture one for my editing, it plays well with RAFs, it just has more functionality for the canikon shooters (which is entirely understandable) I think SP is good for a freebie, but doesn't have the lens profiles for the Fuji lenses that require optical correction (and I struggle enough with vert/horiz lines as it is)

I'm not a big fan of the adobe stuff, well specifically LR but 1000s are, so perhaps I'm missing something?!

C1 has lots of features, like layers and local adjustments, which even after 2 years I'm just starting to understand how they can be a great help to images

I've only been shooting raw since 2014 and I'm finding more and more things that I can do with it, but it's still early days!

I also find that -for me- it pays to have a specific goal when doing PP... Just having a play ruins images! The cloning is a good example, I knew I needed to clone so I learnt how to, and now i can!

I feel tone curves are next on my list... C1 offers preset ones, which I use but I want to holistically understand them.

It'll come to me.

Real Name
    Adam

2016:52#4

High time I updated this

OK, so in at number four is another shot that I shared with you shortly after capturing it, but so what, you can see it twice

2016 Project 52, First quarter by Adam (adzman808)The Foolhardy and the Sea by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

Taken with my Fujifilm X-T1 / XF35mm

ISO:200
    F5.6
    1/850

This is part of an ongoing (yet fairly stop-start!!) personal project of mine called 'Coastal Isolation' which can seen on my Flickr or via my blog or not at all, it's all your choice!
    Last edited by Adzman808; 11th February 2016 at 10:15 AM.

Real Name
    Adam

2016:52#5

just like busses... two come at once.

I don't think I've shown this one here before...

2016 Project 52, First quarter by Adam (adzman808)The Graffiti Express by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

This is the X-Pro1 and (again the) XF35

ISO: 200
    F5.6
    1/300

I've actually done quite a lot of cloning work on this, it was a bit cluttered on the skyline, so I removed a whole water tower, lost some weird reflection on the train (seriously, it looked like a man with his xxxx hanging out!!!) and a distracting big white thing from the roof of the platform covering.

There's also about 3 layers of local adjustment going on with the graffiti.

I'm sure I can blame CiC for this increased attention to detail
    Last edited by Adzman808; 11th February 2016 at 10:16 AM.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Re: 2016:52#5

The first one I like very much, having seen it once before, but I like this one better because it is here in front of me. And you left out the 'a' in Coastal Isolation. Easy fix...must be your fingers getting ahead of your thinking, which happens to me all the time.

#2 I cannot understand this image. It looks like the bus is at the bottom, the one with the graffiti...but does it have any relation to the building at the top or are these two pictures not separated by a space between them? Just asking. I am not feeling very well all day today --high blood pressure so I must be off in my assessment here...I need to see a quack soon...

Real Name
    Adam

Re: 2016:52#5

It's a train at the platform!

The station and the skyline is old, the train is modern, the graffiti is temporal! So it's about juxtaposition!

That's about it really!

Hope that you're feeling better soon, and thanks for noticing the typo, fixed it!

Real Name
    Adam

2016:52#6

OK, so I got really behind on this... not so much the actual shooting part, but the posting pictures bit!

So let's catch up a bit!!

2016 Project 52, First quarter by Adam (adzman808)The Timeless Line by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

F:1.4
    35.0 mm
    1/4000

This one had quite a lot of PP by my standards (so don't look too closely )

iirc... I may have shared this one around the time of capture, but I kept PP'ing it to get what I wanted.

Real Name
    Adam

2016:52#7

2016 Project 52, First quarter by Adam (adzman808)Bridesmaids by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

This is a very, VERY old shot - taken in 2011 on a compact camera, it's a bit of a fav of mine...

So this year I decided to dig out the original SOOC jpeg (no raw on this camera) and see what I could do with a 2011 shot combined with a 2016 workflow

Real Name
    Adam

2016:52#8

2016 Project 52, First quarter by Adam (adzman808)Rushed Away by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

ƒ/1.4
    35.0 mm
    1/3000

I blogged about this one

http://adambonn.com/2016/02/19/fleeing-al-fresco/

Having just eaten at this place, as well as delightful food it was spectacular to see they'd laid on a photographically pleasing (YMMV) scene for my perusal as I left!

Real Name
    Adam

2016:52#9

2016 Project 52, First quarter by Adam (adzman808)Hanging Garden by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

ƒ/2.4
    60.0 mm
    1/2500

Back in the UK for a bit, I always seem to find something to shoot in my parents garden. Hands up here... this was the week of hell and very little photography was undertaken.

Real Name
    Adam

2016:52#10

2016 Project 52, First quarter by Adam (adzman808)In the Grip of Love by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

ƒ/1.8
    35.0 mm
    1/100

I'm sincerely hoping this needs little in the way of explanation? Easy choice on 'Hmmmm mono or colour?' too

Real Name
    Adam

2016:52#11

2016 Project 52, First quarter by Adam (adzman808)Orange Glass by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

ƒ/1.4
    35.0 mm
    1/100
    ISO:400

I wrote a blog post about finding things to shoot without going out!

My OJ just happened to catch my eye as I set it down to read the paper and something about the lighting made me reach for the camera. No sad story this time! Just the joy of juice and the aesthetics of light!!

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Re: 2016:52#11

These are all good catch, Adam,,,I particularly like the wedding scene -- nice and clear and everyone looks happy.

Real Name
    Adam

2016:52#12

Well I've actually had a little more time to shoot than I have had of late (you can blame the yellow bloke from #10 for that!) - spring is springing, the days are longer the light is warmer, and it's a safer bet to outside with a non-weather sealed camera!!

Currently the only yellow thing is the sun! Yup, things are really looking up!

So with that in mind....

I give you a B&W from a graveyard!

up/down, dark/light and our journeys between these points have very much been in my mind lately, and as soon as I saw this scene, I knew I had to have it!!

Walk down the dark steps and up into the light. The stairs don't quite reach the top, but always strive to climb as high as you can.

I appreciate that you probably didn't get much of that just looking at the photograph, but as you've probably gathered, it's been a pretty effing emotional few weeks and I'm just pleased to be out, about and creating again.

2016 Project 52, First quarter by Adam (adzman808)Stairway to Heaven? by Adam Bonn, on Flickr

ƒ/2.8
    35.0 mm
    1/1400

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast