Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frame within Frame - C & C are welcome

Real Name
    Tejal

Frame within Frame - C & C are welcome

Your C&C are most welcome .

Frame within Frame - C & C are welcomeIMG_0669 as Smart Object-1 by Tejal Imagination, on Flickr

Real Name
    Griddi

Re: Frame within Frame - C & C are welcome

Nice capture, and also seen nice.......I also like the colours.......

Griddi.....

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by just me View Post
    Nice capture, and also seen nice.......I also like the colours.......

Griddi.....
    Thanks Griddi .

Real Name
    George

Quote Originally Posted by Tejal View Post
    Your C&C are most welcome .

Frame within Frame - C & C are welcomeIMG_0669 as Smart Object-1 by Tejal Imagination, on Flickr
    I like the picture but I'm also wondering what I'm looking at. A bridge behind a wall with an opening with a threshold? Can you give some explanation?

George

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by george013 View Post
    I like the picture but I'm also wondering what I'm looking at. A bridge behind a wall with an opening with a threshold? Can you give some explanation?

George
    Hi George !! Here I have tried to capture a moment where two females were coming out of the gate, where, one female was almost out and the other one was in process. I liked the gate and have tried to make my frame, frame within frame with this beautiful gate.

Real Name
    George

Hi George !! Here I have tried to capture a moment where two females were coming out of the gate, where, one female was almost out and the other one was in process. I liked the gate and have tried to make my frame, frame within frame with this beautiful gate.
    I can see what you tried to shoot and I think you succeeded in it. It's a good picture to me.

But I don't understand what I'm seeing. I don't know of a gate with treshold and a bridge(?) behind it in the Netherlands.

George

Real Name
    Tejal

I can see what you tried to shoot and I think you succeeded in it. It's a good picture to me.

But I don't understand what I'm seeing. I don't know of a gate with treshold and a bridge(?) behind it in the Netherlands.

George
    ahhh.... yes, it is abridge over a river and on both end, there is a cabin kind of place and then the gate. Sorry.. .

Real Name
    John

Nicely done, a good effect.

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Nicely done, a good effect.
    Thank you .

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

This is a tough shot to present, given that the structure is painted white and the part of the bridge you are showing is darker than the walls. This means our eyes are drawn to the bright white at the edges and tend to miss the action happening in the relatively darker centre of the frame.

Your timing on the shot was quite good, catching the two women in traditional Bhutanese dress just coming out into the light, which brightens them up. The woman on the left side of the image is still a bit in shade and I might be tempted to dodge her a tiny bit.

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDiver View Post
    This is a tough shot to present, given that the structure is painted white and the part of the bridge you are showing is darker than the walls. This means our eyes are drawn to the bright white at the edges and tend to miss the action happening in the relatively darker centre of the frame.

Your timing on the shot was quite good, catching the two women in traditional Bhutanese dress just coming out into the light, which brightens them up. The woman on the left side of the image is still a bit in shade and I might be tempted to dodge her a tiny bit.
    Thanks Manfred for your valuable input. I will revise it .

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Tejal - do you have a picture showing a side view of the bridge crossing the river that you could post in this thread? That might help answer George's question and would give the other viewers of this thread an idea of what they are looking at.

Real Name
    Tejal

George
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDiver View Post
    Tejal - do you have a picture showing a side view of the bridge crossing the river that you could post in this thread? That might help answer George's question and would give the other viewers of this thread an idea of what they are looking at.

Here are two SOCS of the similar bridge. The bridge looks like this -

Frame within Frame - C & C are welcomeIMG_1151 by Tejal Imagination, on Flickr

Frame within Frame - C & C are welcomeIMG_1152 by Tejal Imagination, on Flickr

Hi, Tejal.
    I find the firts picture in the post nice: the framing you adopted works good. Lines are straight and perpendicular, no distortion appears in the picture. Unfortunately the expression on the woman's face on the left is totally out of contest and - IMHO - detracts greatly from the shot's value. Sorry to sound a little abrupt but that's the only approach which I think can really help you to improve. Bye

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by Filgalli View Post
    Hi, Tejal.
    I find the firts picture in the post nice: the framing you adopted works good. Lines are straight and perpendicular, no distortion appears in the picture. Unfortunately the expression on the woman's face on the left is totally out of contest and - IMHO - detracts greatly from the shot's value. Sorry to sound a little abrupt but that's the only approach which I think can really help you to improve. Bye
    Thanks for your valuable input. I will surely take care of it next time.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Welcome to CiC Filgalli...

Tejal may I ask what may happen if you crop off the top of the frame with the tiles on it? Would it make a better image? Just asking...you might want to look into it. The two women just emerging to the light is really nice apart from the expression on the face of the woman on the right, otherwise, they are nicely framed and exposed.

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    Welcome to CiC Filgalli...

Tejal may I ask what may happen if you crop off the top of the frame with the tiles on it? Would it make a better image? Just asking...you might want to look into it. The two women just emerging to the light is really nice apart from the expression on the face of the woman on the right, otherwise, they are nicely framed and exposed.
    Thanks Izzie for your comment. The top brown color part, above mustered yellow blocks is the part of wooden frame, so I kept it as it is. And as you suggested, yes the crop without that part will also work very well as it will bring the subject more closer . I have some more frames too, where i have tried to take transaction of human elements through such type of gates. I will post those in coming days.

Real Name
    Richard

I love this image but would consider some type of frame (not necessarily this type) as an addition.

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    I love this image but would consider some type of frame (not necessarily this type) as an addition.
    aha...i think it will surely enhance the look of the frame. Thnx for your suggestion .

Although the two women coming out of the gate are definitely the more interesting subject, I like the composition of this picteu more. I know the white wall as a frame has been criticised above, I enjoy its texture and feel it adds to the frame within a frame theme for it to be wider. I find my eye drawn to the gate and bridge, rather than the wall and then later drawn to the textual element the wall adds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast