Thread: "Through the layers" - C&C are welcome

Real Name
    Tejal

"Through the layers" - C&C are welcome

Here in this picture the woman was selling scarves of different colors and these scarves were hanged on an umbrella. As it was a sunny day, she was standing under the umbrella and was covered by all these long scarves. I have taken some shots of this place, here with i am sharing one with you all.

Kindly share your C&C for the same.

Regards,

Tejal

"Through the layers" - C&C are welcomeIMG_0245 by Tejal Imagination, on Flickr

Real Name
    John

Re: "Through the layers" - C&C are welcome

I quite like that Tejal but my instinct would be to crop it to a portrait format just enough to loose the blue highlight to the left and just beyond he red scarf on the right. As nice as all the colours are on the RHS, IMHO they don't add anything to the portrait itself which is very good.

Real Name
    John

Very nice, I would be very careful with a crop as it would reveal the background figures which may distract from the original vision.

Real Name
    Dave

Excellent image, I like the expression on her face.

Dave

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

+1 to John's comment. The scarves are very beautiful, but they do distract as they draw the viewer's eyes away from your subject.

A difficult scene but you have managed to keep it bright without being over saturated.

I suspect there are two images to be had here. One very similar to this overall scene, although I think I would trim slightly from the top and left side; so it finishes with all black material. The other option is a closer crop, possibly 4 x 5 ratio, which concentrates on the woman.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

There is a little boy in the background that grabs my attention too...a portrait crop will be beneficial and makes it a stronger image. Besides I like that green scarf...it is beautiful. If you crop that off, I will pretend to have bought it from her...

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by John 2 View Post
    I quite like that Tejal but my instinct would be to crop it to a portrait format just enough to loose the blue highlight to the left and just beyond he red scarf on the right. As nice as all the colours are on the RHS, IMHO they don't add anything to the portrait itself which is very good.
    Thanks John for your valuable input. I tried the crop too, which you suggested, but then I was little bit greedy and i tried to keep all scarves in the frame. :P.

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Very nice, I would be very careful with a crop as it would reveal the background figures which may distract from the original vision.
    Yes, even i noticed those small figures. For street, they generally dont allow editing, so I left them as it is but i think if I hide them in some or other way, it can make the shot better for sure. thanks for your valuable suggestion.

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Excellent image, I like the expression on her face.

Dave
    thanks Dave. Actually, she was not knowing that i m taking pics but then all of a sudden she noticed me and this expression came on her face .

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDiver View Post
    +1 to John's comment. The scarves are very beautiful, but they do distract as they draw the viewer's eyes away from your subject.
    Thanks Manfred for your input. I will surely, see, how i can get some strong frame out of it. I have some other shots too of this place. I will check those too.

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    A difficult scene but you have managed to keep it bright without being over saturated.

I suspect there are two images to be had here. One very similar to this overall scene, although I think I would trim slightly from the top and left side; so it finishes with all black material. The other option is a closer crop, possibly 4 x 5 ratio, which concentrates on the woman.
    Thanks for your valuable suggestion. I will try those crop .

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    There is a little boy in the background that grabs my attention too...a portrait crop will be beneficial and makes it a stronger image. Besides I like that green scarf...it is beautiful. If you crop that off, I will pretend to have bought it from her...
    I will try the suggested crops. I am sure, those will work well . Thank you.