Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lens advice for trip to Italy

Real Name
    Richard

Re: Lens advice for trip to Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Clactonian View Post
    I have a Mk1 and it's a great lens although prone to CAs but is comparatively heavy being built like a tank.
    I also have the Mk1 12-24mm but, I have heard that it will not work on some Nikon models, which is why I mentioned the Mk2.

I have not had any CA problems (which cannot be worked out in PP) with my Mk1.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    I also have the Mk1 12-24mm but, I have heard that it will not work on some Nikon models, which is why I mentioned the Mk2.
    FWIW: A Mk.1 should be OK on Bruce's D7000, since that model has an internal AF motor.

(but thanks for the thought Richard)

Real Name
    Erik

I was challenged with my UWA in Rome, but that is more me not fully understanding the lens. Keep it simple and enjoy your time. I for one found the doors fascinating on all the buildings in Rome. Needless to say I have a large photo collections of the Doors of Rome, that someday I will put together.

Enjoy your trip, be safe and do not forget to put down the camera and take in the city/country.

Real Name
    Bruce

Hello, everyone.

In one of my replies to this thread (which I started and received much helpful advice) I mentioned that I would post some photos after the trip to Italy. Unfortunately, health has intervened and our trip will need to wait. I had heart surgery (endocarditis) a few days ago, and I need to lie low for a few months. I know CiC members were almost certainly not awaiting my upload, but since I did say I was going to upload images (and, of course, I planned to do so), I wanted to let you know why there won't be an upload, at least for now.

For the moment, I'm getting great care and trying to spend a lot of time on my feet. Should be out of this jail in a day or two.

Bruce

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by brucehughw View Post
    Hello, everyone.

In one of my replies to this thread (which I started and received much helpful advice) I mentioned that I would post some photos after the trip to Italy. Unfortunately, health has intervened and our trip will need to wait. I had heart surgery (endocarditis) a few days ago, and I need to lie low for a few months. I know CiC members were almost certainly not awaiting my upload, but since I did say I was going to upload images (and, of course, I planned to do so), I wanted to let you know why there won't be an upload, at least for now.

For the moment, I'm getting great care and trying to spend a lot of time on my feet. Should be out of this jail in a day or two.

Bruce
    Bruce,

Let's hope for a speedy recovery.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Wishing you well Bruce,

All the best, Dave

Real Name
    Richard

Get well and shooting soon!

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Bruce - as others have said, I hope you have a speedy recovery and that you will enjoy your visit to Italy even more when you are healthy again.

We (my wife, youngest daughter and I) visited Italy just before my wife prior to my wife and I having some significant medical treatments involving surgery, so the trip, while being quite enjoyable was overshadowed by these major health issues. I'm sure you will have a lot more fun now that you are on the road to recover. Italy is wonderful - I'm sure you will enjoy it when you get there!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12