Real Name
    Matt

Re: Fall Road Trip

Very nice Raymond, great colours.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Agree with Manfred in his comments. I find that that line on the road have to be yellow but it has a bit more red in the whole shot. Nice ones though it needs a bit of pp.

Real Name
    Binnur

I like the edits Raymond. The colors are very nice and the composition looks better in image #6

Real Name
    raymond

another suggested pp correction I am finally making an attempt .
    Pic

Fall Road Trip

or this one
    Fall Road Trip

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Both still don't look quite right to me Raymond.

I grabbed one of your images, loaded it into Photoshop and dropped a couple of colour sampler points; Point 1 is on the white line and Point 2 is on the road surface. The white line should look white and the asphalt should likely be a neutral gray (although I have seen some asphalt that had a red tinge)

While not as good as looking at a gray target, these are two areas that should have more or less the same R,G and B values. If you look at the info box, I get readings in both spots that show a definite blue colour cast as the blue values are significantly higher than the R or G. There is also likely smaller cyan cast (blue and green are larger than the red value).

Fall Road Trip

I decided that I was going to do a quick & dirty correction, so did a sample on the white stripe, which got me this

Fall Road Trip

While not perfect, the R,G & B for Point 1 are fairly close. Point 2 is off a bit, but is still probably in the range. I normally use a more sophisticated technique to nail the black and white values.

Real Name
    John

Nice series Raymond. I agree with the suggested partial cropping of no.2. the yellow line is a bit too dominant for me and the colour cast in no.4 is just an excess of blue from the sky. If you can de saturate the blue channel selectively, the road returns to grey.

Real Name
    raymond

Thank you for the valuable lesson , teachable I must remain and open to better myself .

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

This last one is so much better looking Raymond...it looks right. Thanks for taking the time to upload that correction.

Real Name
    raymond

Manfred , I don't mean to bother you , but I can not view the information on the pics and how you did the corrections , if you have time please give me the how to achieve a better correction the way you do it . I presently use adobe photoshop version 11 and will be upgrading to 14 and lightroom.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by selig1656 View Post
    Manfred , I don't mean to bother you , but I can not view the information on the pics and how you did the corrections , if you have time please give me the how to achieve a better correction the way you do it . I presently use adobe photoshop version 11 and will be upgrading to 14 and lightroom.
    Raymond - Have not used Photoshop Elements in over 10 years, so have no idea what the latest revisions can and cannot do. I do use Lightroom from time to time, so am a bit more familiar with it. Colour correction is by no means a simple subject; I took a three month long community college course on that just that earlier this year.

In the simplest case (and that is the approach I used with your image) is to find an area of the image that has a significant neutral colour; i.e. something that should look gray. Then go to the develop module in Lightroom and take the White Balance Selector Tool and click on that spot. Lightroom will force that spot to become a neutral tone (essentially the same values for the R, B and G) and will apply the same correction to the rest of the image. I figured the white line on the road would probably be white, so I used this as the place where I sampled.

This technique doesn't always work and that what was the course was all about; if you can get a significant light gray part of the image to look right and significant dark gray part of the image to look right, the rest of the image will look right.

Real Name
    Kaye Leggett

Quote Originally Posted by bnnrcn View Post
    Very nice colors, may fav is #1. I would crop the road in #2 and leave the lovely colored leaves only in the frame
    +1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12