Thread: I love my Lumix FZ200

Real Name
    Julian

I love my Lumix FZ200

This camera is always ready to shoot. This image was captured through the window in my home office. What a relief after carrying my heavy Nikon D700 and lenses! Equivalent zoom was 258mm.

I love my Lumix FZ200

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: I love my Lumix FZ200

Nice capture Julian,

Plenty of detail there too.

Real Name
    Dave

Not surprised you like your camera, Julian. My first digital camera was a much earlier model in the FZ range, an FZ28 and it was, and still is, a good camera. The idea of the zoom range on your camera with a constant maximum aperture is very attractive.

A good shot with good detail. It must be rather nice to have deer wandering past your office window.

Dave

PS Just seen you appear to be a new member so if no one else has mentioned it - welcome to CiC.

Real Name
    Ted

Bought the wife a Lumix LX7 which is similarly ever-ready, as opposed to carrying around 5 tons of Sigma DSLR stuff. Deer around here are permanently wary and take off at the slightest movement - so I appreciate and understand how good your shot of that 6-pointer is

Real Name
    Julian

Quote Originally Posted by Tringa View Post
    Not surprised you like your camera, Julian. My first digital camera was a much earlier model in the FZ range, an FZ28 and it was, and still is, a good camera. The idea of the zoom range on your camera with a constant maximum aperture is very attractive.

A good shot with good detail. It must be rather nice to have deer wandering past your office window.

Dave

PS Just seen you appear to be a new member so if no one else has mentioned it - welcome to CiC.
    Yes, I am a new member. Thank you.

Real Name
    Julian

Quote Originally Posted by xpatUSA View Post
    Bought the wife a Lumix LX7 which is similarly ever-ready, as opposed to carrying around 5 tons of Sigma DSLR stuff. Deer around here are permanently wary and take off at the slightest movement - so I appreciate and understand how good your shot of that 6-pointer is
    The deer around my area are quite used to humans but they also like keep their safe distance. We have about eight regulars that roam around our back yard. Thanks for your comment.

Real Name
    J stands for John

I have been using FZ's, the 'big' ones like the 200, since I gave Nikon away about decade ago. A choice I both regret and value as my Nikon 5700 was a design out of the box in its day and still used occasionally. I would be using an FZ200 today if Panasonic had brought it out sooner instead of the 100 and 150's which didn't appeal to me. To late, I choose MFT, by Panasonic of course

[GH2 with original 014140 lens]
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 6th October 2015 at 07:31 AM.