Thread: Hi from North Carolina

Real Name
    Harrison

Hi from North Carolina

Hello. My name is Harrison, and I am very glad to join such a fine group of fellow photographers. I have been shadow walking through the site for awhile, and really like what I have seen. Hope to be a good member here. I am relatively new to the realm of digital photography, having picked up a Nikon D5100 less than a year ago. It came with the standard 18-55 & 55-200mm. lenses and also picked up a Nikon 35mm. prime lens for it's clarity. They seem to be ok for starting out with digital. Will post some images as soon as I figure out how. Everything I have photographed has been shot and saved in NEF (RAW) and super large jpegs. Have to convert some NEF to TIFF before the photo system here can deal with them. Images from Mexico, Quito, Ecuador and Havana, Cuba, along with a lot of old trucks and cars, are some of them. Will try to set up an album to view if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by usaimages; 25th October 2015 at 01:34 PM.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Re: Hi from North Carolina

Hi Harrison...a nice welcome from me here at Missouri. I do not create an album here or anywhere, but I do upload from time to time to Flickr or YouTube for a week or two and then I take them down after a certain period. Mos us here use TinyPics for uploading our images for comments and/or critiques...here is the link on how to do it + other stuffs you might useful before you do any posting.

https://www.cambridgeincolour.com/forums/faq.php

I sincerely hope you will enjoy your stay with us and do try to make friends as we are usually very casual around here. Join us in our conversation anytime and comment on our posts. It'll help...

Now let us see some images.

Real Name
    Dave

Hi Harrison, and a welcome from me from the other side of the pond. I was on vacation in the US last year, and saw some of North Carolina while following the Blue Ridge (we stayed a few days in Blowing Rock). Lovely part of the world!

Dave

Real Name
    Harrison

Thank you both for the very nice welcome. I appreciate it.

Real Name
    Dan

Welcome to CIC, Harrison. I'm originally from SC but haven't lived there for over 30 years. Not sure what part of the state you live in but there are some excellent photo opportunities in your neck of the woods. Whenever I make it back home for a visit I try to allow a day or two for shooting waterfalls along the NC/SC/GA state lines west of Brevard. Dozens of excellent falls around there.

Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Real Name
    Jakson

Hi Harrison, enjoy the forum

Real Name
    Neville Dukes

Greetings from Wexford, Ireland

Welcome, Harrison, to a great community of photographers. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Real Name
    Harrison

Re: Greetings from Wexford, Ireland

To everyone who has welcomed me to the forum, I want to thank you very much. Sorry I have not posted any of my images yet, but I have been busy getting things done before the cold weather starts. I have images up on Onedrive, but evidently I can not get them from there to here. Guess I'll just have to figure out how to do it using one of the listed ways. If anyone really is interested enough to see them, I guess I could send them a link to Onedrive until I have time to get them here.
    Thanks again - Harrison

Re: Greetings from Wexford, Ireland

Hello and welcome to the forum