Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Back into the fray.

Real Name
    Dave

Back into the fray.

Hello there, my name is Dave and I'm getting re-acquainted with photography. Back in the late 70's early 80's I enjoyed photography with my Canon AE-1 and several lenses. Digital came along and I sold my gear when I got married. Now some 35 years later I'm once again interested in photography as a hobby and past-time. I'm familiar with the relationship between exposure, aperture, shutter speed, and ISO although that was a long time ago.

So about a month ago I purchased a Nikon D7100 and 4 lenses. Also picked up a flash, tripod, remote shutter, cleaning kit, and just today I received a ring flash I had ordered. I think I have enough gear now to keep me busy. I like landscape and architectural photography and I'm now just starting to try some macro shots.

I'll post up a few of my initial images from the last few weeks.

Dave

Real Name
    Dan

Re: Back into the fray.

Welcome, Dave. You picked a fine camera to get into digital with. The D7100 produces excellent images when handled well. Looking forward to seeing some imagery from you as you progress along the road of digital photography.

Real Name
    Richard

Welcome Dave.

I used a Canon A-1 and a Canon AE-1P for my film photography which were both fine cameras!

Then when Canon broke the price barrier on DSLR cameras, I purchased a Canon 10D and have not looked back, nor shot another frame of film.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Welcome Dave, from a fellow 'Dave' and D7100 owner

What lenses did you get?
    In another thread, I can see an 85mm (Macro) and also 140mm (probably the 18-140mm kit, at a guess), but that leaves two others.

Cheers, Dave (or call me 'nosey')

Real Name
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Welcome Dave, from a fellow 'Dave' and D7100 owner

What lenses did you get?
    In another thread, I can see an 85mm (Macro) and also 140mm (probably the 18-140mm kit, at a guess), but that leaves two others.

Cheers, Dave (or call me 'nosey')
    Hi Dave , I have the 18-140, 70-300, 85mm macro, and the 50mm 1.8 . My D7100 sat all day on a tripod with the 70-300 pointed and focused at a post that a Hawk sometimes sits on. Unfortunately he never showed up.

Dave

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Welcome to CiC ... your choice of camera is interesting. From Canon to Nikon. Keep on shooting.