Thread: In a Good Place

Real Name
    John

In a Good Place

You know you are in a good place when your latest photography needs was a new camera bag. Sure there are those big ticket items that are on your wish list, but that thing that'll get you through the next weekend, feels good.

Real Name
    wm c boyer

Re: In a Good Place

One can be satisfied with your gear but...always try to grow and improve your skills.
    That was in a book I once read.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    One can be satisfied with your gear but...always try to grow and improve your skills.
    That was in a book I once read.
    Always.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

On an outing shoot, I always craved for what I left in the house too...so I know how you feel....

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Now to find the perfect camera bag, that is the trick.

Mine is wearing out and one of these days I'm going to be looking for a new one as well.

Real Name
    Dan

I've tried. I haven't come close. I use backpacks, even when I am just walking around and not hiking, because they make the weight roughly symmetrical side to side. I have a very nice Lowepro that has all of the features I need, but it is too small, and they no longer make anything similar. I would have thought that the features I am looking for would be relatively standard, but no... I just want:

-- enough room for a FF, a 70-200, and a few other lenses
    --a secure tripod attachment.
    --separate compartments for gear and everything else. I really don't want peanut butter on my lenses. This eliminates most good backpacks.
    --at least one side pocket for a water bottle. Nearly impossible to find now. They interfere with side access (which I have and have never once used), and the style is hydration bladders
    --a waterproof cover.
    --the regular backpack features: a good back, good straps, good waistband.
    --some way to attach a shirt or anorak, etc., to the outside.

If I could just make my old Lowepro expand by 20%, it would be perfect. I've wasted hours looking for its replacement.

Real Name
    wm c boyer

There was a time that I used one of those old fashioned 3-wheel golf cart...

Thornhill, a suburb of Toronto, Ontario Canada
    Real Name
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDiver View Post

Mine is wearing out and one of these days I'm going to be looking for a new one as well.
    Manfred,
    I guess I'm pretty lucky because I found and bought the perfect camera bag close to 30 years ago and have been using it ever since:
    Tenba 995.
    Expensive (as I recall over $300.00 at the time, but worth every penny). Big. Rugged. Dependable. And perfect for an old Luddite like me who uses only film gear, so no need to carry electronic "devices" and the like.
    Unfortunately for anyone else, long out of production.
    But about seven or eight years ago the cameragods smiled down on me, and I found another one (used) in a camera store for $10.00. I fixed it up for about $25.00 more (new closure clip and fresh Velcro) and it houses my rangefinder camera kit.
    Robert