Thread: Faceless - C & C are welcome !!

Real Name
    Tejal

Faceless - C & C are welcome !!

Dear All,

I have tried to capture some shots considering faceless theme, where boy or its part speak the language. Here faces are either not clearly visible or completely invisible.

Kindly share you view for the same .

Regards,

Tejal

Faceless - C & C are welcome !!IMG_6368 as Smart Object-1 by Tejal Imagination, on Flickr

The above image I have cropped and have also tone down the leaves color, which is as follows. Kindly shae your view about the original and crop version, which is working well.

Faceless - C & C are welcome !!IMG_6368-C1 by Tejal Imagination, on Flickr

Other than this, I have some more shots :

Faceless - C & C are welcome !!IMG_4868 as Smart Object-2 by Tejal Imagination, on Flickr

Faceless - C & C are welcome !!IMG_6206 as Smart Object-1 by Tejal Imagination, on Flickr

Faceless - C & C are welcome !!IMG_6423 as Smart Object-1 by Tejal Imagination, on Flickr

Faceless - C & C are welcome !!IMG_8336 as Smart Object-1 by Tejal Imagination, on Flickr

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Faceless - C & C are welcome !!

Tejal - this series is not working at all for me. In fact, your images (with perhaps the exception of #5 - the man with the hard hat) are ones I would delete had I taken them.

You are dealing with a fairly complex situation; in general, when we take pictures of people, we are looking a their faces. If the face is not included, there has to be something that acts as a proxy for the face (which the hard hat sort of does for the man) or the act of hiding the face needs to be what the image is about.

I think this topic is definitely worth exploring, but you are going to have to attract the viewer to the image, in spite of the missing face.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Tejal...I am sorry but I agree with Manfred here...the man in the hard hat is the only one I like too...it begs to ask a lot of questions...

Good idea, Tejal, but so difficult to get it working well; as previously mentioned.

The man in the first two shots seems to be legless as well as having his head hidden which does cause some additional problems. My first thoughts for #1 were a crop but removing some of the top foliage and having a more panoramic scene so as to concentrate more on the path with the man as a 'bystander' to the scene.

And for those reasons, your crop doesn't really work for me.

The women walking down the road. Yes, I like it. Maybe they should ideally be a few feet further down the road but that isn't a problem for me.

The next scene has potential but I can't see exactly what is happening here. Possibly another shot a few seconds earlier, or later, would have worked better.

Man in the road is acceptable, as previously mentioned.

The last one does work for me because it creates a sense of mystery.

Real Name
    John

I like each of the following:

6368, the pose would make for a great levitation capture.
    4868, not so hidden, just a backview and very colorful.
    6206, a very disturbing capture, reminiscent of horror movie "The Ring".

Keep at it.

Real Name
    Richard

I especially like Image 4868 - Women Walking Down Road

I cropped it a bit closer, selected the bright area at the end of the road and reduced the brightness, then I selected the trees, image right, and increased the contrast and the structure just a bit. This is the result:

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDiver View Post
    Tejal - this series is not working at all for me. In fact, your images (with perhaps the exception of #5 - the man with the hard hat) are ones I would delete had I taken them.

You are dealing with a fairly complex situation; in general, when we take pictures of people, we are looking a their faces. If the face is not included, there has to be something that acts as a proxy for the face (which the hard hat sort of does for the man) or the act of hiding the face needs to be what the image is about.

I think this topic is definitely worth exploring, but you are going to have to attract the viewer to the image, in spite of the missing face.
    Thanks a lot Manfred for your feedback. I will work again on this theme considering the feedback from you all.

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    Tejal...I am sorry but I agree with Manfred here...the man in the hard hat is the only one I like too...it begs to ask a lot of questions...
    . Thnx for your comment. I will work hard on this theme.

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    Good idea, Tejal, but so difficult to get it working well; as previously mentioned.

The man in the first two shots seems to be legless as well as having his head hidden which does cause some additional problems. My first thoughts for #1 were a crop but removing some of the top foliage and having a more panoramic scene so as to concentrate more on the path with the man as a 'bystander' to the scene.

And for those reasons, your crop doesn't really work for me.

The women walking down the road. Yes, I like it. Maybe they should ideally be a few feet further down the road but that isn't a problem for me.

The next scene has potential but I can't see exactly what is happening here. Possibly another shot a few seconds earlier, or later, would have worked better.

Man in the road is acceptable, as previously mentioned.

The last one does work for me because it creates a sense of mystery.
    Many thanks for your valuable feedback.

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    I like each of the following:

6368, the pose would make for a great levitation capture.
    4868, not so hidden, just a backview and very colorful.
    6206, a very disturbing capture, reminiscent of horror movie "The Ring".

Keep at it.
    hmmmmm.... I think i will have to work hard on this theme for sure . Thnx for your feedback.

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    I especially like Image 4868 - Women Walking Down Road

I cropped it a bit closer, selected the bright area at the end of the road and reduced the brightness, then I selected the trees, image right, and increased the contrast and the structure just a bit. This is the result:

Thanks Richard for your valuable input .