Thread: Lightroom CC and Panorama

Real Name
    David

Lightroom CC and Panorama

Hello everyone, I was using Lightroom CC Photo Merge Panorama and it froze and the computer locked. I had to do a forced shut down On reboot Panorama was greyed out. I re-installed LR CC but now both HDR and Panorama are greyed out in Photo Merge. Any ideas?

Thanks,

David

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Lightroom CC and Panorama

What operating system are you using and how much RAM do you have installed on your machine?

Real Name
    Kathy

... and how many images were you trying to stitch together?

Real Name
    David

Thank you GrumpyDiver and inkista. The computer is a Toshiba Satellite laptop with 16Gb ram and running Windows 8.1...
    I was stiching five dng images when the system locked. I did a recovery to an earlier date (no change to LR problem) before I downloaded another copy of LR CC. I expect I will have to uninstall LR CC and download again as a last resort. I assume the HDR and Panorama facilities are Modulues or Plugins and a link has been lost. I can't find any links or references to HDR or Panorama files/modules/plugins on the computer. FWIIW Photoshop CC Panorama is OK. I have posted the problem on the Adobe Forum but no response to date.

I have previously stiched eight dng files with no problems.

Thanks,

David

Real Name
    David

[QUOTE=Davidgypsy;535714]Hello everyone, I was using Lightroom CC Photo Merge Panorama and it froze and the computer locked. I had to do a forced shut down On reboot Panorama was greyed out. I re-installed LR CC but now both HDR and Panorama are greyed out in Photo Merge. Any ideas?

Thanks,

No fool like an old fool. One has to have multiple images selected (of course) to access HDR and Panorama features. At least I can claim it to be a Seniors Moment

David

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Thanks David. I tried the Lightroom pano with Windows 7 And 16GB RAM with 11 images that I had successfully merged in Photoshop CC 2015. I aborted the process when it took Lightroom around 3 times longer than Photoshop and the process had still not completed.

My impression was that the simpler workflow in Lightroom meant that a lot of additional calculations were going on in the background. I think heading over to the Adobe forums makes sense. Being a newly released function, it might not be completely robust yet and Adobe needs to get feedback and needs to fix a few more bugs.

Real Name
    Yes

I made the mistake of merging 26 images. took over 5 hours - with no way to stop it other than shutting down computer.
    Seems a lot sler in lightroom rather then photoshop, the overhead to end up with dng file.