Real Name
    Terry

The Glory Hole - Take Two

Please feel free.

All the Best,
    Terry

re: The Glory Hole - Take Two

I think I prefer this one to version #1. The colour and exposure are more subtle here. I think you have handled it very well. It certainly is a dramatic location.

Real Name
    Terry

re: The Glory Hole - Take Two

Thank you for having a look, Rob.

I value and appreciate your help.

The location is a very Spiritual spot. I could easily have stayed there all day, and almost did. I had another hike I wanted to make that day and pretty much had to tear myself away from there. I did about 12 miles of bushwacking that day and had to pitch camp after all that.

By the time I was done I just bagged cocktail hour and fell into the tent!

Again? Thank you, sir.

Re: The Glory Hole - Take Two

This is a very interesting shot. I like the light coming from the top hole. My only concern is that you may consider to darken the foreground
    rocks to increase the overall contrast.

Real Name
    Steve

I like this shot, it is indeed a spiritual place.

Real Name
    Terry

Yan Zhang, Steve? Thank you for giving this the look-see and for your comments and suggestions.

I took your advice, Yan Zhang, and gave the foreground a touch of dark. Bumped the contrast in that area just a tad lick. I’m not sure if it achieves what you are suggesting, but it makes a definite difference to my eye. Either way I have another layer set up in the psd so any further adjustments of this nature are cake!

It seems pointless to me to come to this site, submit photos, ask for comments and suggestions, and then not follow up the advice that is freely given to the extent that I am able. Gives me a chance to start seeing a little of what others see and spend a lot of extra time in front of a computer! Not to mention I’m having fun!

I can’t say I will always be in a position to do this, but I can say that I am going to try to do so as much as is possible. So I am going to attempt to post both versions if for no other reason than my own benefit. Please forgive me for being so incredibly self-centered!

Before and After That!
    The Glory Hole - Take TwoThe Glory Hole - Take Two

Real Name
    Yi

God rays is amazing! Revised version is much better.

Real Name
    Chriss Goyenechea

Somehow to me, the first take has a yellowish lighting and looks so artificial.

Now take two is much better! You can see natural light coming from the right side but not too strong like the first take and this focus is more on the light coming from the whole beaming to water. And yes the darkening the foreground just finished this images beautifully.

Real Name
    Terry

Yi, Chriss, thank you for having a say for me. I certainly appreciate it.

And thank you again for your guidance, Yan Zhang.

Here is a quick snick of the top of this thing and then I’m going to let this particular thread go. No big whoop on this one. I just fired off a couple of quickies at the top just to have. You enter this place from the top, then make your descent. I couldn’t wait to get underneath where the “Magic” happens. I’ve been told it looks like a toilet bowl at the top! I gotta get some new friends!

Begs to wonder how many squillions of years it took to form this thing.