Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: That tree, some moonlight and a flash

Real Name
    Grahame

Re: That tree, some moonlight and a flash

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    Good experiment, Grahame...even if I am partial to blue. I like #1 best, followed by #2. #2 is bit more unique in the bluish tone but my natural looking eyes favours #1. Now I am confusing myself. I should be in bed I think....
    Hi Izzie,

Glad you liked my playing

My intention is to confuse others as much as I confuse myself

I came to the conclusion tonight in that I could churn out another twenty images from my session and each would be different and I would still be unlikely to choose an outright favourite. So here's my last attempt, your favourite Izzie with a bit of blue and boost on the greens (I hope )

No 4
    That tree, some moonlight and a flash

Grahame
    Last edited by Stagecoach; 4th July 2015 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Wrong pic uploaded

Real Name
    Binnur

Sorry for being a bit late for the thread Grahame Your last edit looks the best off all so far but I find the green leaves too saturated for a night shot. I like the sky and the moon light very much in this shot.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Grahame...beautiful ... a thinner frame will be more attractive so it does not take away the wide white frame from the image at all. Is there a chance that you can paste the moonlight streaks on the water on this shot too? Just thinking our loud...It might not even look OK...

Real Name
    Richard

All are lovely. However, I like #2 the best.

Real Name
    Grahame

Quote Originally Posted by rachel View Post
    Nș 1 may look the most natural, but I love the moonlight on the water in 2 and especially 3.
    Thanks Rachel, No 2 & 3 will be pleased with your preferences

Real Name
    Grahame

Quote Originally Posted by John 2 View Post
    The first one for me although I think the leaves might benefit from a bit more "life". The green responds to a small amount of saturation but you would need to mask off the trunk. There is a bit of reflected green light there that doesn't need to be enhanced. I love the simplicity of the composition and the thought of the moonlight behind, sets a nice mood. Could be a hanger.
    John, I found the green fairly easy to adjust without time consuming masking to my surprise so adjustments are easy. Simplicity is the key to these I believe and the position of this isolated tree could not be more photographer friendly.

Real Name
    Grahame

Quote Originally Posted by bnnrcn View Post
    Sorry for being a bit late for the thread Grahame Your last edit looks the best off all so far but I find the green leaves too saturated for a night shot. I like the sky and the moon light very much in this shot.
    Hi Binnur, what's late?

Thanks for commenting, I agree this last one may be a bit saturated on the greens, easily sorted, and perhaps it is the less busy sky and water reflections that make the tree stand out more.

There's one more edit/pic on the cards as I have found another one I had overlooked

Real Name
    Grahame

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    Grahame...beautiful ... a thinner frame will be more attractive so it does not take away the wide white frame from the image at all. Is there a chance that you can paste the moonlight streaks on the water on this shot too? Just thinking our loud...It might not even look OK...
    Hi Izzie, there's no need to paste more moonlight streaks as I have one with more I overlooked. I'm up to my eyeballs at present with other commitments but will post another 'final one' in the next day or so.

Grahame

Real Name
    Grahame

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    All are lovely. However, I like #2 the best.
    Thank you Richard, No 2s coming in second in this race

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Quote Originally Posted by Stagecoach View Post
    Hi Izzie, there's no need to paste more moonlight streaks as I have one with more I overlooked. I'm up to my eyeballs at present with other commitments but will post another 'final one' in the next day or so.

Grahame
    So the recent retiree isn't really retired after all...hahaha...I have been constantly harping to hubby of your accomplishments lately when you were gone you know...but that is beside the point. I'll wait for your next upload.

Real Name
    Trish Berthon-Jones

Great subject. My favourite is no. 1, I like the way the green of the leaves stands out against the background. Like others have said, no. 3 seems a bit too blue for my taste, but I like the crop and the water reflections.

Real Name
    Grahame

Quote Originally Posted by TrishBJ View Post
    Great subject. My favourite is no. 1, I like the way the green of the leaves stands out against the background. Like others have said, no. 3 seems a bit too blue for my taste, but I like the crop and the water reflections.
    Thank you for the comment Trish, it's useful to know preferences and reasoning behind choices.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12