Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Head Shot in Natural Light . C&C Welcome

Real Name
    Raj

Re: Head Shot in Natural Light . C&C Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by DougR View Post
    I don't have a problem with the background in focus. The colors and designs of her scarf and background match and appears to be the intent of the photographer.
    Thanks a lot for your valuable review and appreciation

Real Name
    William (call me Bill)

Very nice shot.

Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by fotugraphy View Post
    . . .

Can you please review it and let me know what exactly is missing for it to make it much better?

. . . it was initially a half body shot but i have cropped it a lot to make it a head shot.

. . . Please provide your views and suggestion with composition, frame, crops and processing.
    That is difficult to do with any great degree of breadth or detail; and it is probably an impossible request for 'Composition and Framing/Cropping' opinions, because to do such requires the original, unedited version: one cannot adequately explore all the cropping and framing options without seeing the original frame as it was shot - and that applies somewhat to alternative options for the Post Processing.

I concur with Manfred and John 2, it is definitely not an “Head Shot”.

It is a (tight) Bust Shot, if you require a specific categorization. [Full Length Shot; Three-Quarter Shot; Half Shot; Bust Shot; Head Shot. The adjective 'Tight'; and less often 'Loose'; are sometimes used for the intermediates].

If you want to crop to an Head Shot from that sample image, then I also agree that a crop just near the second button on the Shirt, would be a very good Crop. Doing that would comfortably fit to 4:5 Aspect Ratio, which, to my Artistic Evaluation is better for the Composition because 4:5 (rather than 2:3) makes the Face appear fuller and less elongated and highlights the richness and modelling of the Cheeks and Eyes.

Sample here:

Head Shot in Natural Light . C&C Welcome

WW

Real Name
    Raj

Quote Originally Posted by William W View Post
    Very nice shot.

Bravo.

That is difficult to do with any great degree of breadth or detail; and it is probably an impossible request for 'Composition and Framing/Cropping' opinions, because to do such requires the original, unedited version: one cannot adequately explore all the cropping and framing options without seeing the original frame as it was shot - and that applies somewhat to alternative options for the Post Processing.

I concur with Manfred and John 2, it is definitely not an “Head Shot”.

It is a (tight) Bust Shot, if you require a specific categorization. [Full Length Shot; Three-Quarter Shot; Half Shot; Bust Shot; Head Shot. The adjective 'Tight'; and less often 'Loose'; are sometimes used for the intermediates].

If you want to crop to an Head Shot from that sample image, then I also agree that a crop just near the second button on the Shirt, would be a very good Crop. Doing that would comfortably fit to 4:5 Aspect Ratio, which, to my Artistic Evaluation is better for the Composition because 4:5 (rather than 2:3) makes the Face appear fuller and less elongated and highlights the richness and modelling of the Cheeks and Eyes.

Sample here:

Head Shot in Natural Light . C&C Welcome

WW
    Thanks a lot for your kind review and suggestion. It is indeed a brilliant crop, really like it.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Me, too Raj...With this crop of William her shoulders is now in line with the corner of the frame...and it makes a very good pose. I must remember this one too as it changes the demographic of the shot. She is more beautiful now despite the closeness to the background which I did not like at first. Cropping makes this more attractive and her more attractive and beautiful...

Thank you William...I am learning a lot from your responses on varied subjects here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12