Thread: The New Guy

Real Name
    Doug

The New Guy

Thought I'd better introduce myself. I had actually saved this site as a favorite a long time ago but finally got around to looking at what was offered and couldn't help but join in. Like a lot of folks on this site, I'm still learning. I don't have an artist's eye like a lot of lucky shooters, I'm lucky if I get a couple shots that I really like out of a whole day of shooting. What I see in my mind's eye sometimes just doesn't work no matter what I do in post. So I try to associate with shooters better than me and learn as much as I can. I've looked at some of the photos posted here and am amazed at the talent.
    My thought is, we all work together and learn, teach and have fun.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Doug
    Last edited by DougR; 17th June 2015 at 02:27 PM.

Real Name
    Neville Dukes

Re: The New Guy

Welcome on board Doug. You are now part of a great community with a common aim to help develop each others' talents. Every eye is an artist's eye I believe. It's just a matter of digging deep enough to translate what the eye sees into a captured image which conveys the same emotion you feel from the subject to others. You will find that contributors here will comment very constructively on your posted images and help to shape your skills.
    Looking forward to seeing some of your posted images.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Hi Doug!!! Welcome to this group. You are now a part of our family and be warmed. Errr...aah...I am the clown of this group, as if you do not know...This place can be addicting so be warned.

I see that you have already jumped in and joined in the conversations here and posted your thoughts. Don't worry about creative pursuits. Each of us are different in the way we look at things. Some takes a while to see, some are born with it, it seems. It is the way you see them, but fail to see yours. When you plan your shoot, you achieve better results -- that's what I found. But one cannot do that all the time. There will be times you just have to have your camera ready and on continuous mode so you do not miss anything. I always think I do not have an artistic brain but there are times I come up with something good...by accident.

Cheers...

Real Name
    John

Hi Doug,

Welcome! Sometimes all it takes is stepping out of your comfort zone, for instance if landscape photography is all you shoot; try a bit of still life photography.

Real Name
    Doug

[QUOTE=IzzieK;527485] I always think I do not have an artistic brain but there are times I come up with something good...by accident.

LOL! I know exactly what you mean!