Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Received my D-lux 4 today

Real Name
    Hans

Received my D-lux 4 today

I was already looking to buy a Point and Shoot camera to have with me every day.
    the Panasonic LX-3 was on top of my Wish list when a advert attracted my attention.
    A Leica D-Lux 4, 8 months old and less then 1k shoots for the price of a new Panasonic LX-3.
    After some emails I made the decision and bought it. Today it arrived and really looks very nice.
    The first quick shots look already very good but the next couple of days I will test it more deeply.
    The camera feels very solid. The menu's I have to dive into it.

And of course now I can say I own a LEICA.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Received my D-lux 4 today

Hans

Sounds like you may have made a very good decision. If it is as good as you hope, then you will have got yourself a real bargain.

As you become familiar with the camera it will be good to hear what your opinion is - and of course to see the images.
    Last edited by Donald; 9th June 2010 at 06:40 PM.

Real Name
    Rick

It looks very interesting, Hans - seems a very capable camera: a lot of control, and a nice lens (not surprising, from Leica!).

One thing I'll be interested in is the shutter delay. Will you let us know? No one seems to publish it, they just publish the frames per second. But I often find the delay between pressing the button and taking the shot more important than how many shots I can take per second.

Cheers,
    Rick

Real Name
    Hans

Hi Rick
    I just made a test for this delay.
    It is very fast. In fact when it has focussed (this happens fast) and you press the button it is almost immediately making the exposure. Still a little delay noticeable but that is maybe 1/10th of a sec?

@ Donald I will post some pics within a few days.

Real Name
    Rick

Thanks, Hans - that's excellent: that sounds like just about everything you could ask for in a compact camera.

Cheers,
    Rick

I am just in the process of learning my FZ35 and was recommended a book to learn some the controls as the enclosed instruction book is very poor. Looks like many of the menu functions are the same and the book seems very readable. "Photographer's Guide to the Leica D-Lux 4".

Seems like the Leica and the Panasonic have much in common.