Irene

Real Name
    Mats

Re: Especially for Isable (Izzie) - Birds

This is good! Really really good.

Real Name
    Christina

Thank you to Dave, Kim, Donald, Matt and Irene. Your kind words are truly appreciated.

Dave... Thank you for all the comments and advice you've shared with me during the past three years. It is the feedback and advice that I've received from you, and other members that has helped me progress.

Kim... Thank you. I adore photographing pelicans and this one is one of my favourites.

Donald... Thank you for your especially kind words. I'm still working hard on improving my landscape images. I'm especially delighted that you like "Afternoon Stroll"... So much so that I might just see if I can make Canada Geese, Canada's favourite bird.

Irene and Matt... Thank you, kindly.

Real Name
    John

Good set Christina. The first one is a little tight in the frame but it is a stunner all the same.

Real Name
    Christina

Thank you, John.

I agree, and appreciate the feedback. I have a wee bit of room behind and below the pelican but that's it. The Gosling is also a little tight in the frame. (he/she was walking straight into tall grass) And expanding the canvas in a quality manner is beyond my PP skills. Framing is one of the challenges I have with a fixed length lens. One day I'm going to purchase a quality zoom lens but that is not in the near future, so I just have to continue to work on my timing.

Quote Originally Posted by John 2 View Post
    Good set Christina. The first one is a little tight in the frame but it is a stunner all the same.

Real Name
    Gayathrie Senaratne

love #4

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Christina,

Glad to see you're still taking great shots.

As you know, I'm a stick in the mud BIF chap, so the first and last are my favourites, although I guess #6 should qualify too. The tight crop on #1 works for me. #7 reminds me of a jumbo jet (Boeing 747) coming in to land - and those Canada geese are almost as noisy as a jumbo too!

I really MUST take my camera out soon, so I'll see if I can post a thread to emulate this in the next week or so, sadly I can't say 'tomorrow', as we're due for rain. Also I will have to substitute 'something else' for the Pelican, as we don't have them here.

Cheers, Dave

Real Name
    Christina

Gayathrie... Thank you. Truly appreciated!

Dave... Thank you. Honestly, more BIF shots are deleted than kept. Actually that Swallow is likely in the very first split second of flight ()... Yes, they are noisy but at least one always knows when they are about to take flight... That particular Goose didn't have the most pleasant manner but photographed well, enough.

We don't have pelicans either and I miss them, a lot! This particular shot was from last year. Wishing you some good weather so you can get out there with your camera, soon. Thank you as always for your feedback and comments.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12