Thread: Afternoon Walk

Real Name
    Matt

Afternoon Walk

I am starting to learn how to blend two exposures in Photoshop, still learning but I've attempted with this one.

I went out for a drive/walk this afternoon to wear in my new hiking boots and shake off a hangover

I took quite a few shots, here is the first I've just processed.

I've managed to get a 27inch LG monitor to connect my MacBook to, makes PP a bit easier but the colours differ GREATLY from my laptop screen to the monitor.

Anyway, I spotted this s-bend stone wall and just had to get a shot of it. I was balancing on top of a fence post for this one! (Thank God for VR )

Afternoon Walk

Real Name
    John

Re: Afternoon Walk

Nicely processed. I have a similar situation when viewing on my laptop and ThinkPad. Colors look more vibrant than how I processed when viewed on ThinkPad.

Real Name
    Erwin Rüegg

Hello Matt
    I very much like the composition: "out-going" fence meeting "in-coming" clouds.
    On Blending: somehow the picture looks not "natural" at least not in locations I know; the sky is too "clear" compared to "earth".

You must have well gripped shoes and I hope no blebs
    Erwin

Real Name
    Matt

Thanks John, I think I need to get this monitor calibrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawuntzel View Post
    Hello Matt
    I very much like the composition: "out-going" fence meeting "in-coming" clouds.
    On Blending: somehow the picture looks not "natural" at least not in locations I know; the sky is too "clear" compared to "earth".

You must have well gripped shoes and I hope no blebs
    Erwin
    Hi Erwin, the two shots were taken about a minute apart... I processed them separately though which may be why they don't look to match.

I've got a few more shots to process like this so I'll try a different method and see how that looks.

Real Name
    Binnur

Lovely green and great composition Matt

Real Name
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by bnnrcn View Post
    Lovely green and great composition Matt
    Thanks Binnur, I'm sure the sun sets right in that spot so i'm heading back there in a bit

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

I am wondering, Matt -- if you can take a good image as this as you are battling a hangover, what better images can you come up with when you are totally sober? Good shot!

Real Name
    Brian Grant

You really need to consider buying or renting a monitor calibration tool. If you get two different images on two different monitors (not unusual at all) one or both is out of calibration.

I took some shots to my photo club for C&C. When projected, they didn't look at all like they did on my monitor so charges of oversaturation, etc. appeared to be valid. The fellow who runs the media stuff brought his own calibration tool which would also work on projected images and ran it. The difference was like night and day when they projected the same images.

The first reaction after calibration was "Oh, that wasn't as bad as I thought" followed by "Wow, there is some detail in that black fur".

Real Name
    Brian Grant

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    I am wondering, Matt -- if you can take a good image as this as you are battling a hangover, what better images can you come up with when you are totally sober? Good shot!

It couldn't have been too bad if he could balance on a fencepost. There have been times when I had trouble leaning on one.

Real Name
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    I'm also better at playing darts when I've had a few beers

Quote Originally Posted by Saorsa View Post
    You really need to consider buying or renting a monitor calibration tool. If you get two different images on two different monitors (not unusual at all) one or both is out of calibration.

I took some shots to my photo club for C&C. When projected, they didn't look at all like they did on my monitor so charges of oversaturation, etc. appeared to be valid. The fellow who runs the media stuff brought his own calibration tool which would also work on projected images and ran it. The difference was like night and day when they projected the same images.

The first reaction after calibration was "Oh, that wasn't as bad as I thought" followed by "Wow, there is some detail in that black fur".
    I have been meaning to for awhile. I'll do a google search to see what I can afford

Real Name
    Barbara

Lovely as always!

Real Name
    Gerry

Nice shot matt, very vibrant, The only thing I would say is there is no conistency with the colours in fore/background.I appreciate its a blend, but if the back ground was darkened slightlyit would flow more. Oh and sympathy for your hangover
    Last edited by thegman; 27th May 2015 at 10:01 PM.