Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Show Us Your HDRs

Real Name
    John

Show Us Your HDRs

I usually don't practice this type of processing but am always intrigued by what I've seen. So, show us your interpretation, your style, or just go hog wild. I'll post later this evening. Have fun!

Real Name
    Allan Short

Re: Show Us Your HDRs

This is one I did to get the detail in the shadows of the Spitfire.

Cheers:Allan

Show Us Your HDRs

Real Name
    Dan

I'll show you why I use exposure fusion rather than HDR. Expsure fusion doesn't do tone mapping; it just composites by taking properly exposed pixels from a number of differently exposed images. Google it to see more about it.

Exposure fusion, using the Lightroom Enfuse plugin:

Show Us Your HDRs

HDR in photoshop:

Show Us Your HDRs

I don't think I have ever seen a sky of that color, and the rocks at the bottom left were not that color either.

I haven't yet tried the new HDR in lightroom. I think it does do tone mapping, but the few examples I have seen look realistic.

Real Name
    John

My selection.

Show Us Your HDRs

Real Name
    Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by DanK View Post
    I'll show you why I use exposure fusion rather than HDR. Expsure fusion doesn't do tone mapping; it just composites by taking properly exposed pixels from a number of differently exposed images. Google it to see more about it.

Exposure fusion, using the Lightroom Enfuse plugin:

Show Us Your HDRs

HDR in photoshop:

Show Us Your HDRs

I don't think I have ever seen a sky of that color, and the rocks at the bottom left were not that color either.

I haven't yet tried the new HDR in lightroom. I think it does do tone mapping, but the few examples I have seen look realistic.
    Dan, I do not believe that LR6 does tone mapping in its HDR conversion.

Bruce

Real Name
    Jim

Show Us Your HDRs

Deep in the heart of Texas and Fort Wayne Indiana
    Real Name
    Kristianna-Marie - I listen to Kris too.....

The San Jacinto Monument in Deer Park - Texas. This was taken about 4 years ago.
    If memory serves, I used Photomatix 3, and recently I did some editing in PS CC.
    I'm currently not to much into HDR.

Show Us Your HDRs

Real Name
    Bobo

Show Us Your HDRs

Real Name
    Terry

Show Us Your HDRs

Real Name
    Steve

A Dark place:

Show Us Your HDRs

Too green

Show Us Your HDRs
    Last edited by arith; 16th May 2015 at 01:26 PM.

Real Name
    Dan

Dan, I do not believe that LR6 does tone mapping in its HDR conversion.
    I think it does, although I haven't tried it. Check this post by Victoria Brampton, the Lightroom Queen:

Most HDR software combines these two steps, allowing you to merge the files into an HDR image, apply your chosen style and output that photo with a low dynamic range.

Lightroom splits this process into its separate stages, first merging the photos into an HDR image, and then tone-mapping this image in the Develop module before outputting the photo.
    I believe I read something on an Adobe page that also mentioned tone mapping, but I can't find the link.

Real Name
    Carl Lilley

Taken on London South Bank.
    Show Us Your HDRs

Thanks Dan, I like the LR/Enfuse version better. The trees on the left still have a bit of shade in them (they should), and it looks more realistic.

I DL'd Enfuse a couple years ago, and never got a round tuit as they say. I think you've given me the necessary push. Thanks.

Glenn

Real Name
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn NK View Post
    Thanks Dan, I like the LR/Enfuse version better. The trees on the left still have a bit of shade in them (they should), and it looks more realistic.

I DL'd Enfuse a couple years ago, and never got a round tuit as they say. I think you've given me the necessary push. Thanks.

Glenn
    Glenn,

I have found that the defaults work fine. Sometimes the tonality of the composite needs some work. If you have the new LR, you will need to download an updated version of Enfuse, I think.

Dan

Real Name
    Robin

The sensor in my Nikon D300s a little long in the tooth with limited DR compared to newer offerings so I have the function button set to activate Auto Bracketing and at 7fps it is easy to rattle off a set of exposures handheld as I'm out and about. I use it fairly often with the knowledge the files will be there if I need them. Sometimes a slightly darker file from the sequence tweaked in LR will be enough and sometimes the full set give a nice result.

This is a five shot bracket processed in Nik HDR Pro

Show Us Your HDRs

Real Name
    Glenn

Show Us Your HDRs

Real Name
    Robin

Quote Originally Posted by glenng View Post
    Show Us Your HDRs
    That has no highlight or shadow detail.
    How is it a HDR (High Dynamic Range) photograph?

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Looking at this thread, I am still wondering what HDR is really because I have not used it myself...yet and most of those that I had seen somewhere and sometimes here in this forum have atrocious offerings (processing). So far, in this thread, there is not of that, yet. Good one, guys...keep them coming...

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    Looking at this thread, I am still wondering what HDR is really because I have not used it myself...yet and most of those that I had seen somewhere and sometimes here in this forum have atrocious offerings (processing). So far, in this thread, there is not of that, yet. Good one, guys...keep them coming...

Izzie,

Here https://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tu...amic-range.htm is a good explanation of what is attempted when shooting/processing HDR images. It starts with assessing the scene you are trying to capture, determining if your camera is capable of capturing the dynamic range, and then the HDR process.

Glenn,

I have found that the defaults work fine. Sometimes the tonality of the composite needs some work. If you have the new LR, you will need to download an updated version of Enfuse, I think.

Dan
    Dan:

I don't think I will be updating to LR6. I'm annoyed by Adobe and their CC system. And the latest additions to LR are of little to no use to me. LR6 is underwhelming.

On LuLa, there was a thread last year requesting some very useful additions to LR for Version 6; none of them were incorporated, and then they come up with "features" for which there are enough plug-ins and standalone programs already on the market.

There is already a new thread on LuLa with suggestions for LR7. This tells me that there are some disgruntled users, but more importantly, it seems to indicate that Adobe is no longer in front of the curve, but behind it.

Glenn

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast