Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: New Guy...

Real Name
    Steve

New Guy...

I'm new here, but not to photography (been at it since the 1970's). I found this forum while looking for some tutorials on focus stacking.

My name's Steve, and I'm a photographer living in St. Augustine, Florida.

I'm retired military; US Navy. I worked in the music industry for several years before throwing in the towel and moving from San Diego, CA (where I'd lived for 30 years) to Portland, Oregon. I lived there for six months, working in a high-end guitar shop, before taking a job at, of all places, a Jewish summer sleep-away camp in Pennsylvania. My cross country drive took 25 days and covered some 6,800 miles. It was epic.

So, I'm now in Florida and do photography full time. I shoot for two national companies (shooting mud runs and doing college frat composites), but my bread and butter is as a photographer and writer for a new magazine here in town. Five years ago, I never would've guessed I'd be right here, right now.

My photographic tastes are varied. I'm one of the house photographers at the St. Augustine Amphitheater (it's a non-paid gig most of the time, but I get to see some cool shows), and concert photography is my primary passion. Along with shooting for the Amphitheater, I've also done some tour photography for a couple of bands, as well.

I also enjoy motorsports, and am talking to a particular racing series here which lacks a series photographer. I'm also a credentialed photographer for the Jacksonville Suns, a minor league baseball team just north of me.

Basically, I'll shoot just about anything that doesn't have the word "wedding" attached to it.

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell. I hope to learn about the things I don't currently do much of and, if possible, to help others with my experience.

So, yeah... How ya' doin'?

Real Name
    Grahame

Re: New Guy...

Welcome Steve, I'm sure you will enjoy yourself here there's many different areas of members interest and few questions that can not be answered.

I look forward to seeing some motorsports.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Re: New Guy...

Welcome to CiC...I hope you will join us in our learning and make friends by joining us in our conversations and chit-chats, silly as some of them maybe at times. We need a few professionals like you around here because this is a learning community...thank you for your brief albeit interesting resume...and hope you enjoy your stay here with us...