Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: GoPro HD Naked and Singapore

  1. #1
    Antonio Correia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Setubal - Portugal
    Posts
    3,743
    Real Name
    António Correia

    GoPro HD Naked and Singapore

    Traveling to Singapore in a couple of months, I want to buy a GoPro HD HERO Naked.

    I ask if anyone has such a camera to post his/her opinion about it and - if you are in Singapore or have been any experience on buying photographic material locally - please give me your advice and tips

    I will go to Orchard Road as everybody does, I suppose.

    Thank you
    Last edited by Antonio Correia; 20th May 2010 at 04:49 PM.

  2. #2

    Re: GoPro HD Naked and Singapore

    "if you are in Singapore or have been any experience on buying photographic material locally - please give me your advice and tips"

    I personally recommend you to go to funan centre, located at 109 North Bridge Road. This is next to the museum and supreme court if my memory holds. It is specifically built to sell IT gadgets and hence known as the IT mall or Digital life mall. If I were you, I would patronise john 3:16 (level 5) for its excellent customer service. Do not that it is often crowded and is closed on the sabbath day (Sunday). For the lowest price, do look at Alan photo, which is on the second level.

    Another alternative is sim lim square, although there have been reports where people are fleeced, especially if they are a foreigner. So just be on the lookout.

  3. #3
    Antonio Correia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Setubal - Portugal
    Posts
    3,743
    Real Name
    António Correia

    Re: GoPro HD Naked and Singapore

    That is a great help Blazing fire Thank you.

    I Googled and I found this so far.


  4. #4

    Re: GoPro HD Naked and Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Correia View Post
    I ask if anyone has such a camera to post his/her opinion about it....
    Bit late but never mind....

    I have the standard def one for strapping to my bike helmet. There's not exactly high quality shall we say!

    Still I fancy getting the HD wide version as they are loads of fun.

    As a still camera I'd more likely use a mobile phone for better quality unless I was wanting the helmetcam to take a still every few seconds while I was wearing it. They really are tiny...little bigger than a matchbox!

    In short they're rubbish but fun

  5. #5
    Antonio Correia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Setubal - Portugal
    Posts
    3,743
    Real Name
    António Correia

    Re: GoPro HD Naked and Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Bit late but never mind....

    I have the standard def one for strapping to my bike helmet. There's not exactly high quality shall we say!

    Still I fancy getting the HD wide version as they are loads of fun.

    As a still camera I'd more likely use a mobile phone for better quality unless I was wanting the helmetcam to take a still every few seconds while I was wearing it. They really are tiny...little bigger than a matchbox!

    In short they're rubbish but fun
    Thank you Andy.
    I gave up to buy this camera when I read about the shutter lag.

  6. #6

    Re: GoPro HD Naked and Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Correia View Post
    Thank you Andy.
    I gave up to buy this camera when I read about the shutter lag.
    Probably a good choice Antonio. Did you read about the viewfinder too? It tells you roughly what direction the camera is pointed in but that's about it!

    FWIW here's my last go with it....


    The waterproof housing is handy too...we put at the bottom of the bucket when we were dunking for apples last haloween

    If you're ever considering such a camera again you might want to check outAction Cameras. They have lots of different ones with sample videos.

  7. #7
    Antonio Correia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Setubal - Portugal
    Posts
    3,743
    Real Name
    António Correia

    Re: GoPro HD Naked and Singapore

    Thank Andy
    I think these rides are rather dangerous aren't they ?
    Well, at least for me they would

    The clip is not very good is it ?
    I have seen some which seemed better that is probably because of some kind of adjustment
    Thank you Andy Have a nice week end

  8. #8
    Moderator Dave Humphries's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Windsor, Berks, UK
    Posts
    16,295
    Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

    Re: GoPro HD Naked and Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Correia View Post
    Thank Andy
    I think these rides are rather dangerous aren't they ?
    Well, at least for me they would

    The clip is not very good is it ?
    I have seen some which seemed better that is probably because of some kind of adjustment
    Thank you Andy Have a nice week end
    The trouble is, one gets used to the image/gyro stabilised mounts used by the TV companies on vehicles and helicopters. I found this too bouncy to watch and had to stop after 32 seconds, sorry Andy. Was the helmet a bit loose, or is that really what it's doing to your brains too

    Hmmm, I wonder if there's a way to address that, not gyro stab (too expensive), but mention of putting it in a bucket, I wonder if some kind of fluid immersion damping could be developed in a compact enough way?

  9. #9

    Re: GoPro HD Naked and Singapore

    Gopro mounts & accessories

    It is expensive and difficult to purchase any Gopro mounts & accessories. I decided to import accessories for my personal interest and sell them to other Gopro users in Singapore.
    Do check out http://onlinemenfashion.com/product-...ther-services/

    Available only in Singapore
    Order takes about 7-11 days to reach your doorstep

    Do Check it out! Cheers

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •