Thread: Unable to Access Private Messages?

Real Name
    Christina

Unable to Access Private Messages?

Just to say that when I click on my private messages in order to reply, I'm unable to access this section. I receive a time out message, ie; the internet connection has timed out/the site is too, busy; no internet connection, etc...

Perhaps just a temporary glitch as obviously I'm able to post this.

Re: Unable to Access Private Messages?

When this site gets busy, the server has a hard time keeping up I think.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Brownbear View Post
    Just to say that when I click on my private messages in order to reply, I'm unable to access this section. I receive a time out message, ie; the internet connection has timed out/the site is too, busy; no internet connection, etc...

Perhaps just a temporary glitch as obviously I'm able to post this.
    Are you using your standard computer when this occurs? I was getting booted when I accessed the forum using my Tablet.

Real Name
    Christina

Thank you Alan and John for your replies.. Yes, I'm on my regular computer. I've never experienced this before and obviously I can reply to threads and posts... it is only when I click on my notification or private message in my email box that I can't access the forum..

Not to worry, I'm sure it will sort itself out. However, I can't reply to my PM's... Just so folks know. Thank you.

Real Name
    Grahame

I think there's some problems over the past few days Christina. I'm often finding I can not access the site and also once I have done a reply I lose it, not my internet speed as I'm getting elsewhere with no problems.

Real Name
    Christina

Thank you for sharing that. I will cease to worry that it might just be my computer.

Please note: After about the tenth attempt I was able to access my PMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagecoach View Post
    I think there's some problems over the past few days Christina. I'm often finding I can not access the site and also once I have done a reply I lose it, not my internet speed as I'm getting elsewhere with no problems.
    Last edited by Brownbear; 28th March 2015 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Add comment

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

There is an unusual slowdown at my end but I can access my PM...I also suffered a day or two of losing my replies to some post...even in the middle of the morning somewhere between 1:30am to 4am? when everyone here in the US should be sleeping and I am up.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Sorry about the various little 'glitches' that have appeared over the past few days. I've been experiencing them as well. Unfortunately, it's pretty much out of our hands. But when these 'problems' have arisen before, they ususally sort themselves (or someone at the server end sorts them) out pretty quickly.

Real Name
    Christina

Hi Donald,

I was just trying to figure out if it was my computer gone haywire or a glitch. In the almost 4 years that I've been a member this is the very first time I've experienced anything like this, and that is simply amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Sorry about the various little 'glitches' that have appeared over the past few days. I've been experiencing them as well. Unfortunately, it's pretty much out of our hands. But when these 'problems' have arisen before, they ususally sort themselves (or someone at the server end sorts them) out pretty quickly.

Real Name
    Robert (ah prefer Boab) Smith

Noticed this several times over the past few months, at certain times. Just assumed that the service provider is throttling the bandwidth.