Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Still trying to grasp colors

Real Name
    Mark

Re: Still trying to grasp colors

Quote Originally Posted by Brownbear View Post
    Hi Chauncey,

Absolutely gorgeous, and simply amazing. While I love the blue and black, if hanging on a wall in my home I would go for the white and gold for the simplicity and more neutral colouring.
    This makes sense to me: as a display piece, I would think best a choice that allow the extraordinary rendering of the subjects pop out (e.g. the first, the black and blue), whereas in a home hanging, something gentler that would have comfort in a warm decor (or, alternatively a cool one) would make sense. If a shopper were looking for something for a warm bright room (like lots of kids' rooms) I think they might be attracted to a strong orange on a pale yellow background, for instance.

Real Name
    wm c boyer

when people approached me to buy some of my work it was either my night shots or my snow shots, so it really doesn't much matter
    I am slowly coming to the conclusion that the decision is pretty much a crap-shoot,
    if you're going for drama, go dark...otherwise a more pastel look might be a better option.
    Either way using adjacent colors seems to work better.

Still trying to grasp colors

Still trying to grasp colors

Real Name
    Brian Grant

I remember selling one of my first pictures through our Art In Public Places program which allows folks to display their work in various places. I lady bought one of my pictures of a Monarch Butterfly on it's host plant which is red and yellow. She asked be if I could deliver it after the exhibit. Of course, I agreed and showed up as scheduled on her doorstep. Being reasonably tall I was asked to replace an existing picture with mine.

As soon as it was hung, she stepped back, beamed and said "Perfect, I knew those colors would go well with that vase".

Real Name
    Brian Grant

I remember selling one of my first pictures through our Art In Public Places program which allows folks to display their work in various places. I lady bought one of my pictures of a Monarch Butterfly on it's host plant which is red and yellow. She asked be if I could deliver it after the exhibit. Of course, I agreed and showed up as scheduled on her doorstep. Being reasonably tall I was asked to replace an existing picture with mine.

As soon as it was hung, she stepped back, beamed and said "Perfect, I knew those colors would go well with that vase".

Real Name
    wm c boyer

Perfect, I knew those colors would go well with that vase
    That's the very definition of mixed emotion...you sold a piece to someone that doesn't appreciate it's value.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12