Thread: How do I put arrows in a Jpg with ImageReady?

How do I put arrows in a Jpg with ImageReady?

I'm trying to put arrows on a picture I have opened up with ImageReady 7.0 but for some reason with the help I can't figure out how to do it. I have a picture I did with Photoshop 7 some time ago but Photoshop is not working correctly so I'm trying to use ImageReady.
    Please tell me how to do it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: How do I put arrows in a Jpg with ImageReady?

Bruce - this is another very old (read obsolete) piece of software that was last released with Photoshop CS2 (almost 10 years ago). It was discontinued with the release of Photoshop CS3, so that's 6 releases ago; it's up to CC 2014 now. It was primarily a web development tool and did not duplicate most of the functionality that was available in Photoshop. I can't be 100% certain, but don't think it was designed to do what you are attempting to do here.

Real Name
    Brian Grant

You can get FastStone for free at faststone.org and it will allow you to do this and a lot of other simple processing.

Here is one I did in about 3 minutes.

Real Name
    Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Saorsa View Post
    You can get FastStone for free at faststone.org and it will allow you to do this and a lot of other simple processing.
    +1 to that. I use FastStone Viewer a lot for that kind of thing; also it has a really, really good comparison function.

Some cons:

It doesn't take too many edits before artefacts start to creep in.
    It doesn't do white balancing with a click of the picker . . in fact it doesn't have a picker.
    For the purists, it doesn't embed a color profile after 'saving as'.

I have used this ver. of Photoshop to make arrows in the past. I have it on my computer. So I really should not have to buy a new one. Oh well I will keep trying. Thank you.
    I just realized we are talking ImageReady. Like you said maybe it does not do arrows.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDiver View Post
    Bruce - this is another very old (read obsolete) piece of software that was last released with Photoshop CS2 (almost 10 years ago). It was discontinued with the release of Photoshop CS3, so that's 6 releases ago; it's up to CC 2014 now. It was primarily a web development tool and did not duplicate most of the functionality that was available in Photoshop. I can't be 100% certain, but don't think it was designed to do what you are attempting to do here.
    Last edited by Bruce34; 17th March 2015 at 12:29 AM.

What do you mean by "artefacts"?

Quote Originally Posted by xpatUSA View Post
    +1 to that. I use FastStone Viewer a lot for that kind of thing; also it has a really, really good comparison function.

Some cons:

It doesn't take too many edits before artefacts start to creep in.
    It doesn't do white balancing with a click of the picker . . in fact it doesn't have a picker.
    For the purists, it doesn't embed a color profile after 'saving as'.

Real Name
    Brian Grant

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce34 View Post
    What do you mean by "artefacts"?
    Every time you make a change to a jpeg image and save it the compression algorithm recalculates and you might find odd changes when the image is decompressed the next time. They usually aren't severe but after a while they can become noticeable. Like too many copies of a document.

So FastStone Viewer will allow me to put arrows in Jpg's? I noticed There are 4 programs there.

Real Name
    Brian Grant

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce34 View Post
    So FastStone Viewer will allow me to put arrows in Jpg's? I noticed There are 4 programs there.
    Yes. That one above was done with Faststone image viewer 4.9. There may be more up to date versions.

When you get it, moving the cursor off the sides brings up menus and editting functions. Move off the screen left, select the drawing option and you can add a lot to an image, text boxes, arrows, lines, various shaped boxes, speech baloons, etc.

Real Name
    J stands for John

If you are not that keen on pointed arrows then if you have a paint brush with adjustable sized point and a steady hand you can paint an arrow. Here I used 'pencil'
    done with simple old Paint which came with Windows 3.1.1 a favorite and simple programme I frequently use.

Real Name
    Dave

Thanks, Brian. I had a need to do just that earlier this week. I use Faststone for renumbering but had never explored it. Worked like a charm.
    Dave