Thread: Newbie

Real Name
    Jeff

Hi all,
    I'm new here and am relatively new to photography. I was a professional musician all my life, but had to retire due to health issues. So I turned to photography and am attempting to transfer my creativity from my ears to my eyes, so to speak. I sold my gear and used the funds to buy the best tools I could. I have read up and am trying to use these tools to create some nice photographs. Being up in Maine I am going to do landscape first. I hope I can learn from y'all.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Newbie

Hello and thanks for deciding to sign up to the CiC forum. I hope you enjoy it and find it useful.

So that you don't continue to get people asking you what your proper name is, because most us use that on here, you can go to Edit Profile (under 'Forum Actions' on the Menu Bar), or you can just press on 'Settings' on the menu bar right up at the top right of the window. Once there you can enter the name by which you wish to be addressed under 'Real Name'. Then it will appear underneath your Username in all your posts. You can also enter your location so that it does the same, just as in my details alongside this message. Then we all know where everyone is in the world.

If you ever need any help in getting images posted into your message, then please do read the helpful guide that walks you through how to do it. Click HERE to read the thread.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Welcome to CiC...

Real Name
    Jeff

Have entered real name and location. Is it proper to add my equipment list to my signature and how is that done? I can't seem to figure that out.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by zutty View Post
    Have entered real name and location.
    Well done, Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by zutty View Post
    Is it proper to add my equipment list to my signature and how is that done? I can't seem to figure that out.
    You can add whatever you like, so long as it's not rude or offensive.

Now that you've made 10 posts, you can access the 'add signature' tool. Go to 'Forum Actions/Edit Profile' from the toolbar at the top of the thread. The scroll down until, in the left hand pane, you see 'Edit Signature'. Hit that and away you go!

Real Name
    JeyHan

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Well done, Jeff.

You can add whatever you like, so long as it's not rude or offensive.

Now that you've made 10 posts, you can access the 'add signature' tool. Go to 'Forum Actions/Edit Profile' from the toolbar at the top of the thread. The scroll down until, in the left hand pane, you see 'Edit Signature'. Hit that and away you go!
    Hi I just tried and I still don't see the "Edit Signature" options...

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by depthcharge101 View Post
    Hi I just tried and I still don't see the "Edit Signature" options...
    I'm not sure what the problem is here. There have been a couple of problems on the site over the last 24 hours - the sorts of things that usually correct themselves pretty quickly.

If this is the first time you've looked in to that option and found it not there, could you try it again in, say another 24 hours. If you still don't see it let me know. As a backstop, I will be able to put a signature into your profile if that is the only option available.

Real Name
    JeyHan

Cool all fixed now!