Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Importing exif data in Lightroom

Importing exif data in Lightroom

I use ExifEditor to change the exif data on my film scans. I want the camera name (Pentax 67II) to show up on Flickr, rather than the name of the scanner.

The scans have already been imported and many of them processed in Lightroom 4. However, the scanner name still shows up when I post to Flickr, so it obviously hasn't been changed in Lightroom.

Do I need to delete those images in Lightroom and re-import them in order for the change to show or is there an easier way of doing it?

Real Name
    Dan

Re: Importing exif data in Lightroom

I don't know how to do so but vaguely recall running across functions that allow changing that data. At the time I wondered at why one would do so but scanned images never occured to me. I'd look into available help documentation and how to edit metadata. Now that it's come up, I'm also interested as I too have a few scanned images from slides/negatives.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernFocus View Post
    I don't know how to do so but vaguely recall running across functions that allow changing that data. At the time I wondered at why one would do so but scanned images never occured to me. I'd look into available help documentation and how to edit metadata. Now that it's come up, I'm also interested as I too have a few scanned images from slides/negatives.
    It's easy to change the metadata and to import it into Lightroom with the image. There's no problem if you get it right first time. However, if you make subsequent changes to the metadata on the original file, Lightroom doesn't seem to pick that up and you–seemingly–have to import the image again. There's no real documentation with Exif Editor as far as I can see.

Real Name
    Dave

Quote from Victoria Bampton's "Missing FAQ's" (I strongly recommend it for all Lightroom users) gives the answer:

Certain metadata such as camera settings, called EXIF data, is added by the camera at the time of shooting. Apart from the capture time, Lightroom doesn’t allow you to edit that EXIF data. IPTC data, which Lightroom does allow you to add and edit, primarily includes information about the creator of the photo, the subject and its ownership.You may have already entered your copyright data in the Import dialog,
    Dave

Real Name
    Denny

ExifToolGUI will change the camera name and data as well as anything else you want to change.