Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeling a bit queazy at the moment.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Re: Feeling a bit queazy at the moment.

I think the Cotton Carrier is much more safer. I have the two camera system of it too. I just look like having a body vest so I do not use it too much.

Camera back at a cost of $324.70. I don't have my lens with me to test it but I suspect it's going to be fine.

Just talked to my boss and he agreed to expense the cost of repairs. I'm not queazy at all anymore! Feeling downright skippy!

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Dave View Post
    Camera back at a cost of $324.70. I don't have my lens with me to test it but I suspect it's going to be fine.

Just talked to my boss and he agreed to expense the cost of repairs. I'm not queazy at all anymore! Feeling downright skippy!
    Despite your accident, you are now a happy chappy! Good for you. Was it that hard to negotiate a deal with your boss? I am happy for you, it's just that it shouldn't have happened. I did not bring any strap to my camera for this trip because of the same issues as yours. I told my youngest son about my ordeal of nearly dropping my camera and he adviced to ask my husband to change the washer. I had always thought the washer that came with it is a little bit too thick for comfort... So far so good just handholding it for shots but I did have to buy a cheap and crappy Manfrotto here for some sort of still shots. It'll do for a while till I get home to my proper one...

Thanks for the update. I had learned something -- take extra care, especially with an expensive camera like this one. When I get back home it will be GAS time...

That's good to hear David, can you tell what they actually did to fix it?

You must have an understanding boss. Were you on an assignment when the accident happened?

Real Name
    Tobias Weber

Reading this I could feel your pain, so sorry to hear that it had to happen to you. I also use the rapid strap but have made a habit of constantly checking and making sure thats it's secure and where its secured, going to be doubling that obsession now!

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysOnAuto View Post
    That's good to hear David, can you tell what they actually did to fix it?

You must have an understanding boss. Were you on an assignment when the accident happened?
    The company I work for designs all the in store banners for Central Market. I'm the retoucher for the art and recently have become the photographer for the company. I primarily shoot our artwork, (printed samples, brochures, books, etc.) and when we have a "cool" campaign for central market I go to the store and shoot the banners and posters as they are placed.

Up until I bought my camera I was shooting with a nikon d80. I prefer to shoot with my own camera and since I'm happy shooting with my camera and the company doesn't have to upgrade it's camera, I shoot with mine and they bought some lights and a few things for me to use. The relationship seems to be working...as long as I tie the equipment to myself from here on out.

Anyway, that kind of sums up my photography experience, I've been a retoucher for 16 years retouching other peoples photography, now I can retouch my own bad photography.

Tobias, I love the strap when hiking around, albeit, I am going to get a smaller wrist strap for the camera that will stay on all the time. Lesson learned here, my grip and attention are allot more on the camera now! I feel SO lucky to have it back.

I did not receive and itemization of the repairs. I can see the piece of the frame is fixed and other than a few marks on the battery that I did trying to "gently" pry it out, I can't see any evidence of my blunder. I'm a happy Nikoneer.

Real Name
    Barbara

About 2 months after I got my Canon 70D with my brand new 100mm macro lens. I had it sitting on the table on my patio, somehow the strap fell over the side of the table without me noticing. My pup went running under the table and through the strap. It landed on the concrete with a big thud and then bounced 4 or times in the grass as she continued running "from it". I feel your pain. Lucky for me no visible damage to it or my 100mm macro lens.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12