Thread: Camranger

Real Name
    Jeremy Rundle

Camranger

Just arrived today, ordered Monday.

Camranger

Camranger

You simply charge the battery and attach to the camera with a standard USB cable and hang the bag from the tripod (or it attaches to your trouser belt etc)

Camranger

Camranger

The info and images are nice and clear on a tablet, on a phone forget it

Camranger

Will try it tomorrow
    Last edited by JR1; 28th January 2015 at 05:11 PM.

Real Name
    Mark

Re: Camranger

Have fun! ive ordered a tp link mini router to see if i can make one, will be interesting to see, (if i can get it to work) how they compare.....

Real Name
    Russell

Hi, Just out of curo why did you go down the Camranger route when you can get http://dslrcontroller.com/guide-wifi_mr3040.php
    for under 100UKP?
    Thanks
    Russ

Real Name
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Mark von Kanel View Post
    Have fun! ive ordered a tp link mini router to see if i can make one, will be interesting to see, (if i can get it to work) how they compare.....
    Hi, You just posted before me but if you are interested I have the TP-Link 3040 running DSLR Controller with a Nexus 7 tablet and works great 99% of the time the other 1% is sometimes it looses contact on the wireless side if you stop shooting and the camera sleeps but for the cost to the Camranger it is IMO worth it.

Real Name
    wm c boyer

I had to return my CamRanger as I wasn't able to make it work with my Windows desktop.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    I had to return my CamRanger as I wasn't able to make it work with my Windows desktop.
    Interestingly, I have had no issues whatsoever with it on my Win 8.1 laptop, although frankly, I use it most often with my Android and now with my more recently aquired iPad.

Real Name
    John

Nice.

Real Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by russellsnr View Post
    Hi, You just posted before me but if you are interested I have the TP-Link 3040 running DSLR Controller with a Nexus 7 tablet and works great 99% of the time the other 1% is sometimes it looses contact on the wireless side if you stop shooting and the camera sleeps but for the cost to the Camranger it is IMO worth it.
    Canon or Nikon? i use Nikon so there isnt quite so much info out there as there is for the Canon. I actually want to try and get it to work with "control my Nikon" on a laptop. i managed to get a q waves wireles tx rx usb going but had to run it in xp mode on win 7 and it was very clunky. I butchered one side and mounted it in a grip, but gave up on it because of the xp problem.

Real Name
    Jeremy Rundle

Quote Originally Posted by russellsnr View Post
    Hi, Just out of curo why did you go down the Camranger route when you can get http://dslrcontroller.com/guide-wifi_mr3040.php
    for under 100UKP?
    Thanks
    Russ
    Because I wanted Camranger and like their software, I know others who have it and are happy, you could ask why did I buy Nikon and Not Canon, because I wanted Nikon