Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alternative inks

Real Name
    Mark

Re: Alternative inks

Mark, I take your point, but you are referring to the continuous ink system deal. I use the refillable cartridges option since I don't do enough printing as a 'hobbyist' to justify a continuous rig.
    Hi James, no i dont think your understanding, and although it makes no difference to you because you have your system, it may make some difference to Antonio.

500ml replacement ink kit for epson 3880 £945ish

500 mil ink set for said epson £582 ish
    replacement empty cartridge kit £135 ish

So the total if you buy the bits is £717 £200 less than the kit, so you might have to get your own syringes ect but so what? ive mailed Marrutt and asked why the difference, so far theve ignored that part of the question so ive asked them again. So all im saying is look very carfully at what your buying, it may make no difference to Antonio, it depends on how much ink he's going to use...

Real Name
    James Edwards

Got it!
    That is a big difference !

Real Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by James G View Post
    Got it!
    That is a big difference !
    Yup! shocked the hell out of me.... still think i must have got something wrong... waiting to hear from them.

Real Name
    António Correia

At the moment, I have my original cartridges inside the printer at more or less, half filled and 3 more to use stored in the drawer.

I will buy inks from them, yes. Most probably the less expensive.

I also have e-mailed them asking for a dealer in Euros !

Great help guys ! Thanks again !

I am sure this conversation is very helpful to others !
    -
    EDIT
    Just at this moment I received this email from them:

"Hi Antonio
    We have no German dealer at present
    When the time come, please let me know what you would like to order
    I can then quote you our best product and shipping price in Euro
    Best wishes
    Paul Read, www.marrutt.com"

This is a fantastic service and this attracts customers ! Well done Marrutts !
    I was asking for a Germany dealer as the VAT there is lower than in Portugal.
    Last edited by Antonio Correia; 26th January 2015 at 01:40 PM.

I've used PermaJet's inks for quite some time on my R3000 and it has been really useful. Although I did have some issues setting up, they were very helpful and resolved the problem straight away - I had a faulty chip, which was replaced immediately. I tend to print a lot of A3 prints for my camera club and competitions so would recommend it, personally.

Real Name
    António Correia

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyV View Post
    I've used PermaJet's inks for quite some time on my R3000 and it has been really useful. Although I did have some issues setting up, they were very helpful and resolved the problem straight away - I had a faulty chip, which was replaced immediately. I tend to print a lot of A3 prints for my camera club and competitions so would recommend it, personally.
    Joey, which kind of setting up issues did you have ?
    Thank you for the feed-back !

Real Name
    Mark

A reply from Marrutt about colour fastness and they are going to sort out the lyson kit prices!

Hi Mark

The Lyson price will be changed this week

Regrading longevity of the Marrutt Pro Inks, the UV resistance of our inks is the same as the OEM ink under identical conditions. There are so many variables this is impossible to answer more precisely. You have to take into consideration the quality of the media, quality of the laminate, where it is displayed (ie, how many hours of sun will it actually get), average strength of the sun in his geographic area etc.

1) Under IDENTICAL test conditions the inks you have inquired about will have the same light fastness as the OEM.

2) The color rendition will be very close to that of the OEM. As with OEM inks profiling may be required for critical work on non standard media.

3) The inks are designed to perform well on all OEM media. We can not test every media available in the market place because there are just too many but we do check some of the more popular ones such a Ilford and Hannemuhle.

All our testing is done with direct sun using a Xenon arc lamp in a test chamber so extrapolating this into “normal years” under “average”
    conditions is difficult. Based on one to one comparisons with the OEM inks my best guess would probably be in the 80-100 year range. We try to be conservative rather than creating “marketing hype".

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any further questions

Best wishes

Paul Read, www.marrutt.com

Real Name
    António Correia

Excuse my ignorance: what does OEM stands for ?

Real Name
    James Edwards

The term OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer, and means that the part is made by a company that is a subcontractor to a manufacturer. (It doesn't mean that the specific part is made by the manufacturer, but that it I a licenced /recommended part.)

In terms of its usage ion this thread Epson 'branded' inks are, (I think), the only inks recommended for printers built by Epson.
    Marrutt and Lyson branded inks are therefore non-OEM because Epson does not 'recommend' or 'licence' them!

James

Real Name
    António Correia

Quote Originally Posted by James G View Post
    The term OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer, and means that the part is made by a company that is a subcontractor to a manufacturer. (It doesn't mean that the specific part is made by the manufacturer, but that it I a licenced /recommended part.)

In terms of its usage ion this thread Epson 'branded' inks are, (I think), the only inks recommended for printers built by Epson.
    Marrutt and Lyson branded inks are therefore non-OEM because Epson does not 'recommend' or 'licence' them!

James
    Thank you James. I thought Americans were more tendent to acronyms than British...
    The exception confirms the rule !
    LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12