Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New member to this forum. Time lap pic of beach and moon.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Re: New member to this forum. Time lap pic of beach and moon.

Quote Originally Posted by ragman View Post
    Mark, I took your advice and worked my way thru trying to re-size the pic. I was able to re-size to 700 pc max as you suggested and it did go thru as a thumb print. Perhaps you saw it in the "practice" section of CiC. As I mentioned to Izzie, this is a two photo "stack" for merging the exposure, and not time lapse. I will continue to work on my p/p skills with the lame software I have and eventually get photoshop to fine tune. Thanks for your input...Ron
    Ok Ron, now that I know what lame software you are using , I can tell you how to resize your photograph...or photo merge as it rightfully called. In Photoshop, you hold down Ctrl + Alt then press the letter I on your keyboard. You will see the title on top of the window called Image Size. Down a little bit you will see Width then Height. Make sure it says Pixels on both Width and Height at the left side. Then see which will be the longest side (the greater number). As I had seen from your photo it was a portrait orientation, so the longest side will be the Height.

Before you change any numbers, make sure you look at the selection at the bottom of the window. You will see Scale Styles, Constrain Proportions and Resample Image. Make sure there is a check on all three selections.

Now go to your Height and Width again and look -- since your photo is portrait oriented, choose Height and type 1200. Again, make sure the size is in pixels at the left side of Height. Press OK.

You will find that your photo is now looking a bit smaller. Zoom in. Save the image as a Jpg. and it will be acceptable to Tiny Pics.

Cheers...
    Izzie

Real Name
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    Ok Ron, now that I know what lame software you are using , I can tell you how to resize your photograph...or photo merge as it rightfully called. In Photoshop, you hold down Ctrl + Alt then press the letter I on your keyboard. You will see the title on top of the window called Image Size. Down a little bit you will see Width then Height. Make sure it says Pixels on both Width and Height at the left side. Then see which will be the longest side (the greater number). As I had seen from your photo it was a portrait orientation, so the longest side will be the Height.

Before you change any numbers, make sure you look at the selection at the bottom of the window. You will see Scale Styles, Constrain Proportions and Resample Image. Make sure there is a check on all three selections.

Now go to your Height and Width again and look -- since your photo is portrait oriented, choose Height and type 1200. Again, make sure the size is in pixels at the left side of Height. Press OK.

You will find that your photo is now looking a bit smaller. Zoom in. Save the image as a Jpg. and it will be acceptable to Tiny Pics.

Cheers...
    Izzie

Real Name
    Ron

Hi Izzie, Thanks for your input. I must clarify that I do not have "photoshop" yet. I,m using a freebe p/p that I assume came with the camera CD that was downloaded into my PC. It is very limited and hard to negotiate. Mark had suggested a 700 pc max size so "tiny pics" can re-size to accept. I did this and it worked. I will try a 1200pc max and see what happens. I am Leary of trying too many times at the risk of destroying the unsuccessful reputation I have already established.  Again...thanks for your input.
    Ron

Mod EDIT:

Hi Ron, In post #14 above you did the upload OK, but put the thumbnail url in to the post here using the wrong button/icon. I present the full size one here now:

New member to this forum. Time lap pic of beach and moon.
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 21st January 2015 at 11:09 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12