Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Hello from New England

Real Name
    Diane

Hello from New England

Hello Everyone,
    I just came across this site and am looking forward to learning from the tutorials and forums.
    Film photography was a hobby many years ago including developing and printing which I really enjoyed.
    I have a new MFT Olympus and am starting to learn about the digital photography world and post-processing.
    In addition to learning from each other, and the resources on this site, I'm hoping to post photos and learn from honest and helpful critiques to help me improve.
    Happy Holiday season,
    Diane

Real Name
    Dan

Re: Hello from New England

Welcome, Diane. Looking forward to seeing some of your work. In you film photography days, did you do any of your own lab work?

Real Name
    Diane

Hi Dan,
    Yes, I did. It was a million years ago. I started doing photography in college where we had a darkroom and continued after that in a make-shift darkroom fashioned in a closet :-) I rolled and developed film and printed B&W. I am now appreciating digital photography and the cleanliness and lack of smell to Lightroom.
    Diane

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Diane,

If you're the sort of person that likes to jump in the deep end, how about joining our 2015 Project 52 concept?

I was thinking it could be a great record of your progress with "Oly"

Welcome to the CiC forums from ... Dave

Real Name
    Dan

The reason I asked about the film processing is that many new digital togs without that knowledge(myself included) start out thinking that to be a "purist" photos have to be perfect straight out of camera(SOOC). Since you're already familiar with film processing you understand that post processing has always been around. Today the tools are just different and much more capable.

Looking forward to reading you posts and seeing your images as you travel the digital road. What is you preferred subject matter?

Real Name
    Diane

Good points, Dan. As I am learning about my camera, and how to take good photographs, I am also enjoying learning about the post processing possibilities in Lightroom.
    I just looked at your site and am delighted to find a fellow dog enthusiast. We (my partner Nolan and I) have 5 dogs and do Flyball and Agility with them. Agility is our first love.
    Here is my little Red Gremlin Border Collie, Tuggie:

Hello from New EnglandGremlin by luvaneezer, on Flickr

Diane
    Last edited by luvaneezer; 30th December 2014 at 08:30 PM.

Real Name
    Diane

Dave, Thanks for the welcome and for the 2015 Project 52 suggestion - I'll have a look!
    Looking forward to learning a lot!
    Diane

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by luvaneezer View Post
    Good points, Dan. As I am learning about my camera, and how to take good photographs, I am also enjoying learning about the post processing possibilities in Lightroom.
    I just looked at your site and am delighted to find a fellow dog enthusiast. We (my partner Nolan and I) have 5 dogs and do Flyball and Agility with them. Agility is our first love.
    Here is my little Red Gremlin Border Collie, Tuggie:

Hello from New EnglandGremlin by luvaneezer, on Flickr

Diane
    Diane,

Welcome to the group and nice photo entry. Looking forward to seeing more from you.