Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adobe PS CC Creative Cloud Availability Help

Real Name
    rob ashcroft

Re: Adobe PS CC Creative Cloud Availability Help

Grahame

https://forums.adobe.com/message/5766518#5766518

Have a look at this Adobe forum thread. It has some more detail from a staff member about why this is happening. It doesn't refer to Photoshop but the situation might apply for all Adobe products. Basically they seem to be asking for an email, mailing and credit card registered in the same country as the Adobe store. Items 3, 4, and 6 of the thread refer.

I presume, but don't know, that if someone in an unsupported country also met those mail and credit card requirements in a second location which was in a supported country it would work for initial registration. But what would happen when you had to do the 90 day re-registration? And what would happen when an update within the 90 days was due to be downloaded via the CC update app? Would you need to go to that second country to do those tasks, or could you re-register and download from the unsupported country (Fiji in your case). In other words, is it just a mail/credit card issue, or is it also a geographical/internet issue?

I'd ring Adobe customer support as Mark suggests above, and perhaps put this scenario to them. Do you have a relative in a supported country who could act as your proxy base?

EDIT - Another interesting thing is what happens if I took my laptop with CC installed down to Fiji for a month (that sounds nice!) and my 90 days were due, or I wanted to download some new updates for the product - would it let me in Fiji?
    Last edited by ashcroft; 22nd December 2014 at 03:35 AM.

Real Name
    Grahame

Quote Originally Posted by ashcroft View Post
    Grahame

https://forums.adobe.com/message/5766518#5766518

Have a look at this Adobe forum thread. It has some more detail from a staff member about why this is happening. It doesn't refer to Photoshop but the situation might apply for all Adobe products. Basically they seem to be asking for an email, mailing and credit card registered in the same country as the Adobe store. Items 3, 4, and 6 of the thread refer.

I presume, but don't know, that if someone in an unsupported country also met those mail and credit card requirements in a second location which was in a supported country it would work for initial registration. But what would happen when you had to do the 90 day re-registration? And what would happen when an update within the 90 days was due to be downloaded via the CC update app? Would you need to go to that second country to do those tasks, or could you re-register and download from the unsupported country (Fiji in your case). In other words, is it just a mail/credit card issue, or is it also a geographical/internet issue?

I'd ring Adobe customer support as Mark suggests above, and perhaps put this scenario to them. Do you have a relative in a supported country who could act as your proxy base?

EDIT - Another interesting thing is what happens if I took my laptop with CC installed down to Fiji for a month (that sounds nice!) and my 90 days were due, or I wanted to download some new updates for the product - would it let me in Fiji?
    Thanks for that Rob,

Interestingly, when I looked at the 'Amazon UK' purchase through a seller option for CC subscription it mentioned about having to have a 'UK' invoice' address.

Fortunately, the contact number I have for Adobe Purchase is a UK one and I also have a UK Credit Card with a UK address. When I speak with Adobe Purchase later today I'll mention both the renewal and update aspect if I'm lucky enough to get a result.

I would have thought there are many professional photographers who travel worldwide with their laptops with PS CC on who come across the 90 day and update scenario.

Real Name
    rob ashcroft

Quote Originally Posted by Stagecoach View Post
    Thanks for that Rob,

Interestingly, when I looked at the 'Amazon UK' purchase through a seller option for CC subscription it mentioned about having to have a 'UK' invoice' address.

Fortunately, the contact number I have for Adobe Purchase is a UK one and I also have a UK Credit Card with a UK address. When I speak with Adobe Purchase later today I'll mention both the renewal and update aspect if I'm lucky enough to get a result.

I would have thought there are many professional photographers who travel worldwide with their laptops with PS CC on who come across the 90 day and update scenario.
    OK let's reverse the scenario. You bring your laptop to the UK and use your UK credit card to register. That will definitely work. But can you do that from Fiji using the UK card, and then still register and update and re-register from Fiji? On the Adobe homepage http://www.adobe.com/uk/ there's an option at the bottom-left of the page to 'change region'. If you select that it gives a list of what I presume are supported countries that you can opt for. I would have thought that if you select UK and register with your UK card then that might work. But will the re-reg and updates work from Fiji? You need to speak to Adobe first.

EDIT - I think this one confirms it https://forums.adobe.com/message/6270445#6270445 But you need to check you can download updates and re-reg from any country as well as from the credit-card registered country.
    Last edited by ashcroft; 22nd December 2014 at 04:36 AM.

Real Name
    Grahame

Quote Originally Posted by ashcroft View Post
    If you select that it gives a list of what I presume are supported countries that you can opt for. I would have thought that if you select UK and register with your UK card then that might work. But will the re-reg and updates work from Fiji? You need to speak to Adobe first.
    That is the unknown question Rob.

I had thought of trying that route, as with the Amazon route but then you go ahead and pay, get your licence code, feed it in here in Fiji and find it will not work.

The more I think of this I'm sure it's simply a 'billing/payment/tax' quirk, no company is going to want to miss sales.

But, from the Adobe site....................

We’re working to make Creative Cloud as widely available as possible and will share more details about country availability over time. While individual membership may not be available in your country, you may be able to purchase a team membership through a global Adobe reseller.
    Last edited by Stagecoach; 22nd December 2014 at 04:37 AM.

Real Name
    rob ashcroft

That is the unknown question Rob.

I had thought of trying that route, as with the Amazon route but then you go ahead and pay, get your licence code, feed it in here in Fiji and find it will not work.

The more I think of this I'm sure it's simply a 'billing/payment/tax' quirk, no company is going to want to miss sales.

But, from the Adobe site....................

We’re working to make Creative Cloud as widely available as possible and will share more details about country availability over time. While individual membership may not be available in your country, you may be able to purchase a team membership through a global Adobe reseller.
    Did you see my edit in my last post? I added another Adobe thread which sort of confirms what we are saying. I'm in the UK and subscribed via the UK store. If you can do the same (as you have a UK credit card) from Fiji, then you should also be able to do the downloads and re-reg etc. But you might want to check first as you said.

If I went to an unsupported country for a year I'd need at least to do three re-registrations - one every 90 days. I can't believe I wouldn't be able to do that - it would render the product unusable until I got back home. I think all of this is just a payment/tax thing. The actual location should not matter. But I could be wrong. You should be able to get around this as you have a UK card - others are not so fortunate.

Real Name
    Grahame

Yes, thanks Rob.

From that advice;

""A credit card with an address in any of the supported countries can be used for purchasing the subscription, this has enabled many to get around the issue, but that is the only way to subscribe.""

I'll still give them call at 9 am to clear things as busy at present trying to set up to take eye pictures

Real Name
    Grahame

Latest,

Contacted Adobe Purchase UK by phone explained the situation and advised no problem. Only requirement is that I have a UK address and Credit Card which I do.

Advised all will work fine from my location of Fiji, paid for a year, received order verification emails along with order No etc with instructions to follow.

The subscription now shows in my CC account, but I'll be b******d if I can get Photoshop activated and working

Too late to do any more on it tonight but I'm pretty confident a quick 'chat' with an Adobe assistant will sort things tomorrow.

Grahame

Real Name
    rob ashcroft

Latest,

Contacted Adobe Purchase UK by phone explained the situation and advised no problem. Only requirement is that I have a UK address and Credit Card which I do.

Advised all will work fine from my location of Fiji, paid for a year, received order verification emails along with order No etc with instructions to follow.

The subscription now shows in my CC account, but I'll be b******d if I can get Photoshop activated and working

Too late to do any more on it tonight but I'm pretty confident a quick 'chat' with an Adobe assistant will sort things tomorrow.

Grahame
    Good! I knew it had to be OK if you have a registered credit card in a supported country. Because it that scenario you are just the same as me registering in the UK (as I do) and spending half my time in Fiji. Actually, that's not a bad idea as I'm retired.

I bet Captain Cook never had these problems with Photoshop in Fiji.

Real Name
    mark

Latest,

Grahame
    I had the same thing happen to me. Seems like I had to open CC and click on buy now or license software I don't remember but I felt kind of dumb when I figured it out

Real Name
    Grahame

Latest, and looks like final news on this one

Switched on the computer first thing in the morning, was greeted with an Adobe Login Box (first time I had seen this at start-up), logged in, box disappears, I open and try Photoshop and all fine

Perhaps a better explanation of overcoming this situation on their FAQ and help pages would be a good idea.

What I will say is that apart from the first advice from an Adobe forum regarding resellers which was a bit of a red herring contact directly to Adobe via Chat and phone to Adobe Purchase I can only describe as extremely fast and efficient support.

Grahame

Real Name
    mark

Switched on the computer first thing in the morning, was greeted with an Adobe Login Box (first time I had seen this at start-up), logged in, box disappears, I open and try Photoshop and all fine

Perhaps a better explanation of overcoming this situation on their FAQ and help pages would be a good idea.

What I will say is that apart from the first advice from an Adobe forum regarding resellers which was a bit of a red herring contact directly to Adobe via Chat and phone to Adobe Purchase I can only describe as extremely fast and efficient support.

Grahame
    Great news!

Real Name
    rob ashcroft

Grahame
    Good news, Grahame. I knew you would get there in the end. I do agree that Adobe should make it more clear that you can get around the problem by having a credit card in a supported country. After all, they could be losing sales...

Real Name
    Frank Miller

An excellent outcome to reward your persistence, Grahame! With CC firmly in tow, we're expecting that you will be upping your post processing game!

Real Name
    Christina

Indeed persistence pays off! Great news... Very happy for you!

A happy ending and I am sure a big sigh of relief on your end

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

I'm curious, Grahame: Did anyone at Adobe apologize?

Real Name
    Grahame

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    I'm curious, Grahame: Did anyone at Adobe apologize?
    Mike,

No apology was given and to honest from the service I was given by the Adobe guys I dealt with that was enough, pleasant fast correspondence and I would say 'enthusiasm' to get me sorted from the guy on the phone. I also appreciate that these guys are busy, have other customers to to deal with and I was asked each time if there was anything else they could help with at the end.

The more I think about it it's likely to have to do with foreign banking and Adobe having the arrangement/capability to take standing payment either monthly/annually from foreign banks. Fortunately I have always maintained my UK banking facilities. The fact that my trial copy of PS had today been fully activated without me having to feed in any numbers myself except my Adobe login email address and password confirms connectivity with Adobe CC.

For others that have followed and assisted with advice on this thread, thank you. Hopefully, the information may be of assistance to someone else, the moral being don't always take for granted what you read such as that contained in the message in post 1, often there's a solution

Real Name
    Terry

Glad to hear it Grahame.

Also glad to hear you got what you consider good support. Adobe isn't a horrible monster. But when you do bidness worldwide and on-line there is bound to be a glitch or two somewhere in the world. Geez! I have huge problems locally with my national IP alarmingly often. These problems are a huge PITA!

I love a happy ending!

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

No apology was given and to [be] honest from the service I was given by the Adobe guys I dealt with that was enough
    Imagine someone saying or writing, "I'm sorry you're experiencing these issues. We'll do our best to sort it out." That wouldn't have hurt a thing and it could have helped.

I asked because, sadly, very few representatives of companies apologize these days and this has been the norm for at least a decade or more. I assumed nobody apologized because of the overwhelmingly positive reactions I got when I apologized for mistakes made by the company I represented or its partners; when I apologized, my customers consistently said or implied that nobody apologizes anymore. Ironically, that was almost surely true of the companies they worked for.

Real Name
    Grahame

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    Imagine someone saying or writing, "I'm sorry you're experiencing these issues. We'll do our best to sort it out." That wouldn't have hurt a thing and it could have helped.
    I understand what you are saying Mike but in reality what did those two guys have to apologize for?

I used their customer services after having found that their web based FAQ did not cover my specific unusual situation and got immediate satisfactory results.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast