Thread: Merry Old Soul

Real Name
    Phil Page

Merry Old Soul

I'm thinking of starting up a street project on town and city 'precincts' - truly depressing 60's concrete architecture mixed with a menagerie of people passing through. Coventry is high up there on the bleak list!

Merry Old Soul

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Re: Merry Old Soul

Phil what a contrast to the message board the face of this woman is! Forget about the small prints even if you got them well here...it is the woman and the message that is sort of different. Good shot and very nice conversion. You were in Bleak St. when you shot this? Nothing merry here.

Real Name
    David

Love it Phil

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Fabulous juxtaposition!

Real Name
    John

Couldn't have been better if you had set it up (not suggesting you did btw).

Real Name
    Phil Page

Thanks guys - I have 2 street projects in mind - precincts and mobility scooters (Those things are everywhere these days. Funny how lots of mobility scooter owners have the energy/ability to get from the scooter itself to the social club/bar/pub to be served! I wouldn't be focusing on the people who actually need one or singling out anyone with a disability, but you get the idea!)

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Quote Originally Posted by dubaiphil View Post
    Funny how lots of mobility scooter owners have the energy/ability to get from the scooter itself to the social club/bar/pub to be served!
    Walking a few feet or meters is very different from walking a few blocks or kilometers. People understandably walk from their car to the store and use the mobility scooter when making their way through the lengthy aisles of the store.

Real Name
    John

Nicely done.

Real Name
    Phil Page

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    Walking a few feet or meters is very different from walking a few blocks or kilometers. People understandably walk from their car to the store and use the mobility scooter when making their way through the lengthy aisles of the store.
    Benefits Britain, Mike. I'm sure the walk from the benefits office to the scooter, and then the scooter to the social club bar 5 days a week is manageable

Real Name
    wm c boyer

You would be hard pressed to call mine a mobility scooter but, I couldn't do without it when traveling
    the local park systems looking for subjects of interest. A rare selfie from a car reflection.

Merry Old Soul

Real Name
    Phil Page

I'm not meaning to alienate or insult people who actually need one!!!! On this side of the pond our tax funded benefits system has been exploited for many years, and there is quite a culture of benefits claimants who have been bending the system! I would be 'socially documenting' that side of life.

I'll stop - I'm digging a hole I had no intention of digging in the first place!!!!!!

Real Name
    Greg

Back to the image: good capture, Phil. I see the councils there also think it is a good idea to place rubbish bins right next public seating. Perhaps the woman's expression is the result of being to close to the bin.