Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Night at the museum

Real Name
    Kaye Leggett

Night at the museum

I haven't been around for a while as I'm on a sabbatical and am already wondering how I managed to fit in full time work and how I am going to do so again. But today, I caught some time to process some recent photos of The Oxford Natural History Museum.

I am ashamed to say I have lived in my area for 20+ years and only discovered this a few weeks ago. So last Friday I went on an architectural tour and took some photos - but not of the exhibits - I'll have to go again to look at those !

Here are a selection of this Victorian Gothic building whose roof was fully restored last year so it is now water tight. The visit was timed for darkness to fall whilst we were there. Sadly tripods are not permitted, but otherwise all photography is welcome, your C&C is welcome.

Night at the museum

Night at the museum

Night at the museum

Real Name
    Dan

Re: Night at the museum

Nice set of images, Kaye. I like the first one best. Excellent composition with the curves and the light fading away in the same direction. IMO the second image would be more effective with the entire image in focus. I know, not easily done without use of a tripod. The third image again uses the geometry and lighting very effectively. The shape of the lighting/shadows on the rivets gives an odd impression of distortion. Overall an excellent set. Well done.

Real Name
    John

Subjects closest to home and accidentally found are always treasures. Nice series.

Real Name
    Kaye Leggett

John, how true. I am sure there are more nearby !! Thanks Dan for the comments - being so close to home, I hope to go again so can have another go.