Thread: Tuko, textbook shot from the rear at night. Interesting if not artistic.

Real Name
    Brian

Tuko, textbook shot from the rear at night. Interesting if not artistic.

This lady was about 12 inches long. She lives behind our outside stove and at night comes out on our wall. She is very skittish so one shot with a flash is all I got. Shot from behind because Tukos have a nasty though not poisonous bite. Sorry about the quality but I thought it interesting enough to post.
    Tuko, textbook shot from the rear at night. Interesting if not artistic.

Real Name
    John

Re: Tuko, textbook shot from the rear at night. Interesting if not artistic.

Enough indeed, nicely captured.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Enough indeed, nicely captured.

Real Name
    Christina

Thank you for sharing. Indeed an exotic looking little critter, looks a bit like a gecko but far more interesting.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hey Brian,

Can you place a mirror in the scene so we can see her face?

It is an interesting shot though, Dave

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Brownbear View Post
    Thank you for sharing. Indeed an exotic looking little critter, looks a bit like a gecko but far more interesting.
    I just looked it up and it and as much as Tuko is the local name 'Tokay Gecko' is the more formal name.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hey Brian,

Can you place a mirror in the scene so we can see her face?

It is an interesting shot though, Dave
    The shot was flipped from the vertical to the horizontal and the black is the night. If I can find a levitating mirror I might be able to But I will probably get lucky and find her facing in another direction one night?

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Brian,

Quote Originally Posted by JBW View Post
    The shot was flipped from the vertical to the horizontal and the black is the night. If I can find a levitating mirror I might be able to
    Ah well, you see you're messin' with my 'reality'

Quote Originally Posted by JBW View Post
    But I will probably get lucky and find her facing in another direction one night?
    That won't help, you'll just run round the other side to avoid getting bitten again

Cheers, Dave

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi Brian,

Ah well, you see you're messin' with my 'reality'

That won't help, you'll just run round the other side to avoid getting bitten again

Cheers, Dave

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

My terminology thinking was wrong -- I was thinking gizzard for lizard...until I saw Christina's comment. Gecko -- like that one in the advertisement (yes! I watch advertisements on tv.) Nice shot, Brian...the colour is very good unlike the greenish Gecko on tv...

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    My terminology thinking was wrong -- I was thinking gizzard for lizard...until I saw Christina's comment. Gecko -- like that one in the advertisement (yes! I watch advertisements on tv.) Nice shot, Brian...the colour is very good unlike the greenish Gecko on tv...
    we don't have a tv. Not bragging just too expensive for a satellite hookup. The benefit of YouTube is we get to block the advertising. the colours are as close to natural as i could get them.

Real Name
    Peter

Well captured Brian Tuko, textbook shot from the rear at night. Interesting if not artistic.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by ST1 View Post
    Well captured Brian Tuko, textbook shot from the rear at night. Interesting if not artistic.