Thread: Nik + KelbyOne for $149

Real Name
    Greg

Nik + KelbyOne for $149

This seems like a pretty good deal if you are in the market for Nik software and aren't already a member of Kelby.

http://kelbyone.com/cyber2014/membership-bundles/

Real Name
    Binnur

Re: Nik + KelbyOne for $149

Thank you Greg. I'm planning to buy Nik software soon. This might be a good opportunity for me

Real Name
    Russell

Hi, Just my 2 pence worth.
    I have NIK suite but since Google took over in 2012 there are as far as I no been NO major upgrades to the software.
    When NIK owned it there was a lot more interest from people but since Google took over seems not so much.
    Also what can you learn from Kelby that you cannot find on here and other places throughout the net for free?

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

I assume that if you go for this and then don't renew your Kelby subscription after one year, that you are still left with the NIK suite. Yes?

Real Name
    Binnur

Hi Donald. I had the same concern as you do , that's why I sent them an e-mail yesterday and asked if I would get the Nik Software permanently. If I get an answer from them I will let you know

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I assume that if you go for this and then don't renew your Kelby subscription after one year, that you are still left with the NIK suite. Yes?

Real Name
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by russellsnr View Post
    ... since Google took over in 2012 there are as far as I no been NO major upgrades to the software.
    I wonder if it will only be a matter of time then, until the plugins are no longer compatible with newer versions of software.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by FootLoose View Post
    I wonder if it will only be a matter of time then, until the plugins are no longer compatible with newer versions of software.
    I doubt that. Silver Efex Pro, for example, is the #1 choice for the vast majority of professionals doing digital B & W work. I think it's inconceivable that Google would let it become obsolete.

Real Name
    Binnur

Unfortunately I haven't got enough info from Kelby One so far. I sent them another e-mail because I couldn't get a reply to the first one. Then they sent me a standart e-mail message saying that they are very busy with answering a lot of e-mails and gave some standart info about the packages they are selling. They also advised me to look at the FAQ page.

I also sent an e-mail to Nik Google , they replied immediately and they said if I subscribe to Kelby One for a year I will get the Nik Software permanently. Then I asked them if the 200 presets in the package for usd 169 is a part of Nik Software because I want to buy the whole package( There are two packages, one for usd 149 and one for usd 169 with additional 200 presets). They said they didn't know the answer and I had to ask Kelby One about it.

Because I haven't got a sufficient answer from Kelby One, I think I'm not going to subscribe and I will buy the software seperately from Nik Google. I don't understand Kelby One's marketing policy at all. They have campaigns but they don't have enough customer support for them

If this is the case , it is better to be in touch with Nik Google because their customer relations are good and they answer me immediately. I find them reliable.

PS. Nik Google also said that those 200 additional presets might be third party presets because they sell the full Nik Software, but because they don't know the details of Kelby's packages, they wanted me to ask Kelby One about it.
    Last edited by bnnrcn; 27th November 2014 at 10:49 AM.

Real Name
    Greg

That was unfortunate, Binnur. I had trouble placing an order as the links on their marketing page were dead. I emailed the sales dept via their help page and had a response within 10 minutes. The problem was not immediately resolved but they stayed with me, offering further advice by email until I succeeded in placing the order.

Real Name
    Binnur

Yes, I think they are too busy this time and may be they only have time for helping with the orders but not with the questions

Quote Originally Posted by FootLoose View Post
    That was unfortunate, Binnur. I had trouble placing an order as the links on their marketing page were dead. I emailed the sales dept via their help page and had a response within 10 minutes. The problem was not immediately resolved but they stayed with me, offering further advice by email until I succeeded in placing the order.