Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slow Day

Real Name
    J stands for John

Re: Slow Day

The first time I passed the spot, in the 'park' north of Jackson Hole, there were dozens of photographers taking what must be one of the most photographed scenes around* ....I was pressed for time and didn't stop .... vowing that next time I would ... only problem second time was the severe forest fires spoiling the view with smoke

*even one of our moderators took a shot there

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by jcuknz View Post
    *even one of our moderators took a shot there
    Indeed he did, although at the time (1990) he wasn't 'in' to photography in the way he is now, nor did he know he was taking a picture at an iconic location. On the day I took this some time in September after Labor Day, there was no-one else around.

What is really fascinating is that in the last couple of months my sister-in-law asked if I would scan her slides, some of which were taken travelling through the US after she's spent 2 years in South America in the early 1970s. What did I come across? This exact same view. Just shows!

Slow Day

Real Name
    Steve

I'm in Glasgow for a day soon; unfortunately I might be stuck in a court but I wonder if I'm not, where to photograph.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by arith View Post
    I'm in Glasgow for a day soon; unfortunately I might be stuck in a court but I wonder if I'm not, where to photograph.
    If it's the High Court you're at, then it's just a walk across the road and you enter Glasgow Green, a lovely parkland. And, of course, you're just on the banks of the Clyde. If it's the Sheriff Court you're at, then you're on the other side of the river, but, again, right on its banks.

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

I think I might just be on the map
    Please do not claim to live on the Mainland or the only important part of New Zealand... If you do obviously I will have to travel south, shoot you, photoshop it to make you ugly then post it on the net.

Actually it is a lovely part of New Zealand and I am surprised it is not a very bright yellow. Then again it is probably beautiful because it is not cluttered up with photographers.

I concur, as a Kiwi myself I get rather narked that NZ is often left off the map. In this case it is one of the most photogenic countries in the world because of its diverse environments. Within one small country it has pretty much every kind of terrain in the world, and all in one small package. Also the bird life is amazing.

I would offer that there is a positive correlation between the most visited places and the most photographed places. Likely it has nothing whatsoever do with a place being the most photogenic, more likely just more accessible.

Real Name
    Pania

I think I might just be on the map
    Well, if you're going to call it a map of the world - although he didn't claim that it was - where is NZ?? Hmmm?? Hmmm?? And surely it is a fairly popular place on the photog's list??

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Paniaa View Post
    Well, if you're going to call it a map of the world - although he didn't claim that it was - where is NZ?? Hmmm?? Hmmm?? And surely it is a fairly popular place on the photog's list??
    Lower RH edge. It's there all right!

Real Name
    Bill

Well lots of locations for many of us eh?
    Bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12