Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Olympus m 4/3 40-150mm F2.8

Real Name
    John

Olympus m 4/3 40-150mm F2.8

This should be out by now but I've seen no signs of it. This link might be of interest as it looks like there may be a converter to go with it. There may be a need to turn your sound off away from this page - some might not like his taste in music

http://www.damianmcgillicuddy.com/finally-able-talk/

Light weight? Yes compared with an 80-300mm full frame F2.8 against a 40-150mm F2.8 I doubt it. F2.8 is a fair sized chunk of glass at 150mm as well. All to keep metal lens dodo's happy. Sad people but on the other hand they probably had complaints from the same people for the use of plastic on 4/3 lenses.

I suppose the converter will fill the gap between this and the 300mm prime which should also be due shortly - metal again but I can't help feeling many people would prefer a very long zoom to a 300mm prime.

John
    -

Real Name
    John

Re: Olympus m 4/3 40-150mm F2.8

It's shown on the Olympus USA website as a pre-order, $1,500 USD.

Real Name
    Venser

Preordered mine. It's the first time I've ever pre-ordered anything.
    After selling my Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8, I've been itching for this lens to come out. Photographing races just isn't the same without it.

It's 880g according to the specs.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    It's shown on the Olympus USA website as a pre-order, $1,500 USD.
    It shown on pre order on Parks in the UK £1300. My 40-150mm comes in at 221g. I don't use it much but can't say I have ever noticed any problems with it.

This is a sooc all enhancements off at 150mm

http://www.23hq.com/ajohnw/photo/17281146/original

This sharpened, bit of an S curve and SLIGHT mid contrast level boost. My basic defaults on many shots.

http://www.23hq.com/ajohnw/photo/17281163/original

Find the 2 pigeons. The people on the balcony are a bit too much but even the corner fall off is acceptable and not dramatically noticeable like some crop lenses - me thinking about Nikon - would I do that! Probably.

The lens has a bit of a tale associated with it. I bought an E-PL1 use reasonably priced with it on and no 14-42mm. Went to an E-P3 and also bought the Panasonic 40-200mm. The Olympus lens went on ebay and sold to a none payer so remained at home. I then did comparison between the 2 lenses at 150mm and sold the Panasonic.

John
    -