Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: BW HDR portrait of Tara

Real Name
    David

BW HDR portrait of Tara

UPDATE 300908 Image withdrawn by request.

I've read the various posts about how to upload photos, and this is my first attempt, via Flickr. If it works, I'll try some more.

The model's name is Tara, and the photo was processed by HDR using Cutiepie, followed by post-processing to give the high key BW image by PSP9.

David
    Last edited by David; 30th September 2008 at 09:25 AM.

Real Name
    António Correia

Re: BW HDR portrait of Tara

David, this is a so hard way to show a beautiful woman ...
    Don't you think that this kind of "treatment" is more convenient with other themes/scenarios ?
    It looks good for certain photos.
    The blacks are very deep and they make a strong contrast with the whites...

Care to post another one, now that you know how to ?

Real Name
    David

Hi Antonio - thanks for your comment. This image is the result of a mistake. I was photographing my model around 1pm on a very sunny day - far too much light. As a result many of my shots had Tara's eyes in deep shadow (but that's what I was learning). So the original of this image is not very good and very unflattering. However, I saw the possibility of a high key image and this is the result after a bit of manipulation. I may post some more of Tara later, when I have loaded them onto Flickr.

Cheers

David

personaly i like the effect here wats it doing for the lady in the pic .....is a matter of opinion this effect surely borders on being called a high key pic in the olden days but these days are entirely different infact i love the digital era cz we can spend less time taking a pic and more time tweaking it into numerous different pics frm a single pic that demands talent! the shadow under the nose of the lady,called the butterfly lighting (in the olden days)creeping onto her lips is really funny the pretty lady may not like that still its different from the usual stuff we see regularly.. her face, her expression,her features and last but not least,her lovely hair,just blows the viewers mind away