Thread: Brt

Real Name
    Terry

Brt

Recently in a thread I posted one of our esteemed colleagues said to me: “Any setup that doesn’t require the use of your big red bucket isn’t worth setting up”.

I agree. In fact it was time to fill the BRT (Big Red Tub) for my weekly bath anyway!

Brt

up on a knob above Paden City, West Virginia
    Real Name
    Marie Hass

Re: Brt

LOL's!!!!!

'Rie

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

In addition to having a lot of talent and experience with photography; you also seem to have a wicked sense of humour and lots of time on your hands...

Real Name
    Greg

That is way too cool, Terry.

Now, for your next trick: how about a suspended fire somewhere under the tub?

Real Name
    Grahame

Quote Originally Posted by FootLoose View Post
    Now, for your next trick: how about a suspended fire somewhere under the tub?
    But that surely means changing it to a steel tub

I can see this series going on for a while Terry, great fun.

Real Name
    Edit is OK… always want to learn!

…how about a suspended fire somewhere under the tub?
    …under a plastic tub? Anyway, you're right, way too cool!

Real Name
    Christina

Hi Terry,

Indeed you're amazingly talented. Combined with your creativity... simply inspirational!

I love this image! I think a steel cauldron, and wooden pot or bowl would be even more amazing... And perhaps a black cat or similar idea somewhere in the scene.

Real Name
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    …under a plastic tub?
    Grahame... Kodiak.... it's magic -- the laws of physics are suspended

Real Name
    Zen

Great shot, Terry.

Thanks for sharing.

z

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Canon View Post
    one of our esteemed colleagues said to me
    I can confirm beyond all doubts that that guy is a complete idiot. Even so, this photo is spectacular despite the source of your inspiration.

my weekly bath
    I completely understand. I take a bath every single month whether I need it or not. The thing that I've never figured out is why I'm the only person wearing nose plugs.

By the way, thanks for explaining the meaning of "brt." The only thing I could think of is "blt." For those living in other cultures, "blt" refers to a bacon-lettuce-and tomato sandwich, preferably served as a double decker.
    Last edited by Mike Buckley; 12th September 2014 at 12:36 AM.

Real Name
    Edit is OK… always want to learn!

Grahame... Kodiak.... it's magic -- the laws of physics are suspended
    Yes, of course!

Real Name
    John

Interesting concept, wonder if more light on the scene would make special effect more presentable. I think the viewer gets distracted by the lack of light or more critical of the overall image and the levitation becomes a secondary concern.

Real Name
    mat

Brt is for big red tub ? And there I was thinking it was something about being Art ,only more so.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Brilliant concept Terry...how about levitating yourself to your little BRT? with the purported black cat and a magic wand to complete the picture?

Greg (Footloose) you have that great timing of saying something that nearly kills me -- when I read your response, I was chewing a grape and choke on it... (went down the wrong pipe.)

Real Name
    Terry

Thank you for taking the time to view and comment everyone! Even for us wizard types it’s a little tricky trying to keep all the balls in the air at once working alone! My apprentice was off playing with brooms and I kept tripping over the stupid robe!

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDiver View Post
    ...you also seem to have a wicked sense of humour and lots of time on your hands...
    Obviously a bad combination Manfred!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    I can confirm beyond all doubts that that guy is a complete idiot. Even so, this photo is spectacular despite the source of your inspiration.
    Oh I don’t know so much about that Mike! The guys seems like a pretty decent sort to me! He occasionally ribs me about the sacred BRT, which I find great fun! I guess everybody has to be known for something and The BRT ain’t the worst thing I could think of! And I like the photo because of its source of inspiration. I owe the guy a debt of gratitude!

Quote Originally Posted by moopy goops View Post
    Brt is for big red tub ? And there I was thinking it was something about being Art ,only more so.
    What??? Mat you can’t possibly be saying the BRT isn’t a work of art! After all its red!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Interesting concept, wonder if more light on the scene would make special effect more presentable. I think the viewer gets distracted by the lack of light or more critical of the overall image and the levitation becomes a secondary concern.
    I’m very interested in your comment John but I’m not sure exactly what you have in mind. I can of course brighten the overall image, or parts thereof, in post but would I be correct in thinking you are referring to the lighting at the time of shutter release?

The BRT, bowl, and pour are the stars and the goofy wizard secondary. I was hoping for the wizard to be, while not completely featureless, to be a little dark (as wizards tend to be judging from all the wizards I have known!).

I would be interested in your thoughts on what you might have done differently John. I would be happy to provide my lighting setup if it would help.

Real Name
    Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Canon View Post
    I’m very interested in your comment John but I’m not sure exactly what you have in mind. I can of course brighten the overall image, or parts thereof, in post but would I be correct in thinking you are referring to the lighting at the time of shutter release?

The BRT, bowl, and pour are the stars and the goofy wizard secondary. I was hoping for the wizard to be, while not completely featureless, to be a little dark (as wizards tend to be judging from all the wizards I have known!).

I would be interested in your thoughts on what you might have done differently John. I would be happy to provide my lighting setup if it would help.
    Okay! Thanks John!